Thursday, November 23, 2017

Expand your horizon to learn the truth.

The following morning upon waking up I was free from the pains of the night before, a small miracle? Perhaps but I am thankful for having no more teeth aching or a migraine headache. Perhaps I was too impatient in expecting and immediate cure when I made my last entry, giving up too easy or having no faith my practice of self healing. The following days the pains came and went but not as strong as it was before. I still carry on my meditation and yoga exercises as these have become my routine every morning an it has helped my see myself through the day. Keeping myself busy other than making sure my daughter gets her breakfast and take away meal, I also clean the house, feed the cat, do the laundry and off course browse the Internet for the latest in news. I have yet to garner my energy to paint as it seem like my creative juices have run dry or perhaps I find no more joy in being creative where art is concern, why? Who knows.  
I find it to slowly become a part of decadence process in my aging process as I approach seventy to loose the enthusiasm in doing things that are not having great impact in my life anymore. Art has become stale for me as I find no incentive for it and to motivate myself at a cost financially in terms of getting materials is more of a luxury that i cannot afford. Am I getting lazy in my old age? Perhaps, but hen again if I have the mans and the freedom toI would be out there on the organic farm busting my buns and sweating it out for no financial gain except that it is good for my physical and mental health. I rarely leave the apartment these days as it cot to drive what with the fuel price rising just about every other day and driving in and around the city is no more fun 
especially in having to find a peaking space everywhere you go. So I settle for staying home and get use to becoming a homemaker like I used to do when I was living and raising my children in California and later for three years in Sendai, Japan. There is benefits to this too no doubt as i find the peace and quiet rewarding for my inner journey and my mental upgrading. 
It is not that I do not wish to travel around like i used to anymore, it is just that circumstances is not conducive for me to leave anytime I wish. Furthermore, the world for me is no more fun to go galavanting around especially when you have to run through the gauntlet at the airport every time you arrive in a foreign country. So I will bow out and let the younger generation do their share of travelling and I hope more and more do so. One of the ways they will learn about themselves is to see how others live. it is hoped that they will cultivate in themselves a better understanding and tolerant of what is out there in relation to what is within themselves. To understand the qualities of life one has to inevitably expand one's consciousness about living and by living in a protected, familiar environment of one's home, village and cities alone does not encourage for a broader understanding of what it is like to be rich or poor, to be loving and compassionate, to be caring and understanding of another's life regardless of color or creed.  

No comments: