Monday, September 18, 2017

Where are You at?

I am sailing on uncharted waters in my journey, I am walking on thin ice, I am pushing it so to speak. Instead of writiting to remind myself, of who or what I am, I am beginning to preach, like become a Guru; yes that is alright too! What good is all the writing if nothing worthwhile comes of it at the end of the day? There is always good soft music going on in your head, thanks to You Tube, your choice is limitless. what else do you need to occupy the space and time you have on you hand because you cannot sleep. Perhaps sitting too much? One who practices 'sitting meditation' or as the Zen Buddhist calls Za Zen, has a mind that is most loud and restless, the mind like the four horse pulling a chariot in four directions, also known ans 'the Monkey Mind.' This busy mind is not who I am, I am the observer for lack of a better description, the oIne who reflects upon what is going on with the busy mind. I am also not the body, this that is making thoughts appear and making as much sense as Woody WoodPecker on a slow day.
So I stop acting, I become, I am, That, I AM! I sit Za Zen every chance I get and now my lower back pains is acting up and why I also cannot sleep. So what to do? I could act like I am sleeping and dreaming even, but I can also share my thoughts or the insights that came to me when I sat, Za Zen. You sit with your spine erect to its most vertical posture without too much force just comfortable enpugh to almost feel pain or discomfort and this you achieve through breathing. 
The spinal column is the central pillar of the human form that holds it all together and through it flows the vital energy, the mattow is the conduit. A vertical line, 'Alif', the first of the Arabic letters, the letter 'I' is the vertical and so is Coit Tower in Downtown, San Francisco. When you have found your most comfortable position, it takes time, your mind too will slow down, the four horses starts to gallop as a whole till they finally run as one. Some calls it Samadhi, some calls it Satori, You are at peace within and without, In the silence of the mind, when the chariot runs smoothly like one is riding on air, then you will start hearing music and birds singing in the background; you are home. this is where you rest, that silent space between two thoughts is worth more than any sleep that I think the body needs. In this interval between two thoughts is the window into eternity even if it lasts as brief as a lightning on a sunny day, if and when your mind and consciousness is present completely at a point time, you become whole, you merge with the Universe, the Force, the One call it by what Name you will.



Lines drawn in the soil. 
To be or not to be, stop acting and start becoming. Your acting days are over it is time you recognize and accept your role and play it to the best of your ability, worthy being called a man. 


My Latest Studio 1

This is where it is all happening.
                           






No comments: