Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Alan Watts & Krishnamurti Revisited.

"Th Meaning of life is just to be alive, it is so plain and so obvious and so simple. and yet everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves."
Alan Watts.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein.

The two quotes came from Alan Watts talks on You Tube courtesy of Tragedy and Hope Video series of which i often sat and listen the first thing i wake up every morning when i get the chance to. and it is 5;30 am. Ever since i stumbled upon his book, "The Way of Zen" in the late seventies while i was attending the University of Wisconsin at Green Bay, (UWGB), Alan Watts has been my spiritual Guru along with J. Krishnamurti who i also discovered during the same time. Their thoughts changed my perspective in viewing life and taking on routes that are less traveled on this journey that we are all embarked upon.
Like how the Marvel and DC Comic series has evolved in my life to become Mega Box office Movies, Alan Watts and J.Krishnamurti's presence has also kept me in line over the years in seeing through many veils and sinking into potholes along my path. I am not saying that they are always right in their premises. (When you're arguing, you will usually take certain theses for granted (these are the premises of your argument) and attempt to show that if one accepts those premises, then one ought also to accept the argument's conclusion.). .I would like to believe tat I am just as capable to come to my own conclusion on matters about my own life although as a student i have been influenced by these 'Gurus'. Suffice to say that having been exposed to these two philosophers thoughts and ideas I draw my knowledge from them as reminders or reflections whenever i am in doubt, just as Hokusai and Rembrandt would would when I have a creative block.
'No man is an island,' is the essence of most philosophical premise and we are all reflections of each other in all our appearances, beliefs and practices and we are the Universe of our own making if we could only stop to see it as it is. However in our haste to get there we have missed being here in the Here and Now, where the Universe is expressing itself through being us or our being-ness. It is not an easy task to understand most of what is being expounded by both these 'Gurus' of contemporary philosophy, but it is the best as far as I am concern  for me to emulate in terms of dealing with many questions that arises as i try to untangle the tangles of my mind.      

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, Than a long life, spent in a miserable way."
Alan Watts.


No comments: