Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Retro SF Journal - 1993 - 1

While living in the Richmond District of San Francisco on Second Avenue and Balboa which was two blocks away from the Golden gate park, i was pretty much the 'House Husband'. Baby sat of my two children and did the laundry, among other chores. I did my laundry at the laundromat located on Fifth and Folsom Ave.which was ran by a South American family from Honduras.

On weekends you would find me selling 'temporary tattoos' at the Shoreline Amphitheater near Burlingame where many well known live bands played, including names like Sade, Aerosmith, Nirvana, Willie Nelson and so forth.. Not only did i sold the tattoos, i had to affix them to the body parts of my customers and often at their most awkward places like on the breasts and their butts! Most of these customers especially the ladies would be two sheets to the wind by the time they got to the concerts and so they were wild demanding that I pasted the tattoos on them where ever they  pleased and their boyfriends and husbands would just laugh it off too drunk or stoned to care that i was fondling their partner's tits and asses.

Every now and then my son Karim would decide to have work included in my journal.


Upside down images of temporary tattoos, the serpent being one of the best sellers.





TOMMY'S JOYNT is one of the most popular steak joints in SF, located on Van Ness Ave,

Some invitation cards to one of my Art shows.

There was always ways and means of expressions that were available to get a point across in those days.

No comments: