Thursday, February 26, 2015

I Give up!

This morning during my walk along the Karpal Singh Drive I stopped and chatted with an elderly gentleman in his eighties and found out his name after he had asked me mine. He has been a very regular 'walker' carries a heavy walking cane which he claims was for a deterrent against dogs and also according to him was heavy enough to make a good weight for an arm exercise when he walks swinging it to and fro. When i first encountered him i thought he was a European from his height and  the way he carried himself when he walked. He reminded me of a military man and after a few morning of passing by him i greeted him and was surprised at his gentlemanly way of replying me, I was impressed.
A few weeks later after our first good mornings I learned that he is a Malay, mixed of some sort, yet to be found out and I was informed the he is also a Dato' and was a Prison Warden at one time in his life. He introduced himself as Ibrahim and during out short interrupt from the walk he confided in me that he is not happy the way Malaysians are becoming overly religious and preferred the moderate life style that we had 20 -30 years back and we parted with not much else to continue on our ways. I am writing this down simply because I sense that there might be a future in our relationship as he seems to me a man of knowledge and integrity, someone i might learn a thing or two from if I get the chance to. Just a note to myself.
I have not much more to write about except that of lat i have been setting myself to refreshing my Buddhist understanding through listening to the talk given by Jetsun Khandro Rinpoche, the Tibetan Nun who gave a thorough lecture series based on the teachings of Nagarjuna..I listen to these talk on You Tube and every now and then the camera would turn around and capture the members of the sanga present rapt in their thoughtless selves while listening intensely to her talks, it is very uplifting to see the mixture of people in the audience and makes me feel humble and at the same time elated by i; yes there are those who cares..These are the people that i think of when i say that not all of Americans are asleep, there are many and growing in numbers of people who are awakening to the reality of what.  Along with these Dharma practitioners are those who have taken Islam to be their calling The number of those Americans getting more and more involved into their spiritual development rather than just existing as TV Addicts among other things that the Americans are addicted to which includes the Bars and Tavern, the Super Bowls and World Series etc.

We are proud of our seccess

Here in Malaysia the country is rolling along gathering more and more crap in the form of this and that arrests by the various departments that is capable of making arrests for just about anything and everything. I nothing else it keeps the courts employed, all the lawmakers and lawyers gainly employed and the makes it looks like ours is a well rune country full of rule of laws that will soon be an entry into the Guinness Books as the country with the most legal issues on record. :however you want to look at it.
I must admit i am coming to a point where I might just throw in the towel and give up writing any more nonsense in this blogging. I am not doing any justice but just simply wasting time. The politicians have done one hell of a job in screwing this country up that it is like there is no turning back.
Sometimes i feel like an Ass.





No comments: