Saturday, November 08, 2014

3 Years in Sendai -4

My favorite Artistic style is the actual doing of my daily sketches of life. Hence where ever or whenever I get the chance to i do my sketching or drawing to bring myself closer to being in the moment in space and time; it is my meditation. I never had the idea of selling my sketches and so i never worried too much about making them look too realistic or put too much effort into them.  

When I get a little more involved like adding more details and colors than i call them drawings, not sketching anymore. All these pictures and sketches that i have been entering into the blog are from one of my sketchbooks of which there are four or maybe five of them done in Sendai. Each picture and sketch tells of a moment in time when and where i was doing what it was that i was doing. I was on a trip organized by the Kendo club of the Yochien where my children attended school and my son Karim was one of the Kendo Kids, but i don't think he enjoyed it too much.


The seaside port of Uriage hama.

The death of a great Artist whose works had been an entertainment ot millions of children all over the world.

I could not help but felt like I was living in a kids world when i was living in Sendai. Perhaps it was because children were held in such high esteem by everyone and  by being there i too became very close to my children. What they were doing had great impact on my own sense of well being, I felt like a child myself. I saw the place through the yes of a child.

My children were exposed to so much life and  sights and sounds, colors and  most of all nature while they grew up in Sendai. They might have forgotten it all by now after almost twenty years, but I strongly believe that somewhere in the their subconscious mind they still have in store all that they were exposed to.

The friends we made too have by now gone their separate ways and most probably only have vague memories of our good times together, I am glad that i took the trouble to capture these moments in time even if i could not share it with them, their memory of being there still holds true for me. Perhaps someday my children will look at these and be able to relate of who they are and what they had once been.

The opportunity to visit places that you normally would have missed was due to making good friends.

Traditional Japanese paintings done by my friend Reichiro San, which he later makes them into kites. 

No comments: