Thursday, October 02, 2014

The End of Knowledge.

I have been listening to the debates between Christians and Muslims of late as part of my progress towards a better understanding of  the Monotheistic religions of Judeo, Christian and Islam and the more I listen to the many debaters and preachers from all over the world the more i am getting flabbergasted, not so much confused but just simply astonished at so much noise raised by all parties in order to prove whose religion or whose prophet is right or wrong at the end of the day. I am not one to memorize quotes from the Biblical text or Quranic verses or  any of the religious Books but from what i hear my mind simply reels with overload of numbers and verses more than what is being said. I am not agreeing with nor am I opposed to any of the thoughts and ideas being presented by these highly learned and often passionate presenters, but i am more bemused by the fact that from all that i am hearing I still am not convince as to how all these would help me with my Lord, the One that i believe in and pray to. I have accepted my faith in Islam with no doubt and worship Allah, end of story, filed and encrypted into my memory bank. I arrived at this faith through my own journey of self discovery and in getting to know who I am through various religions and practices in my life, I studied religions before i committed to my faith. I studied myself as i studied the religions and I studied all the other sciences that is out there to verify my understanding of my faith and now I am at a point where i can safely say yes indeed, I am a Muslim by faith and understanding. However I have yet to experience what i is to be a perfect Muslim or if I even qualify to be considered Jannah or Heaven when I die, but suffice to say I feel i have arrived at the gate.
Why do i spend hours listening to all there is that is available on You Tube and read all there is on the Internet about these religious issues like one who is still looking for something when he has already found what he is looking for? Perhaps ii is because i may have found what i think I am looking for, but it may still be looking for me. I have had my whole life to ascertain the truth to what i am looking for in terms of my 'salvation' or my state of liberation or whatever it was in the beginning when my heart and mind decided that I was in need of such a thing. But along the way i discovered all the various sideshows and roadside attractions, I discovered Atheism and Philosophy and Science and I discovered Zen Buddhism and Hinduism and Christianity and Sufism and Taoism and Judaism and then there was  J.Krishnamurti and Alan Watts and Swami Ramana Maharshi and Yogananda, and the rest of them so many and so diverse that till today i am who I am because of my long journey of self seeking faith finding journey that has ended with the One, Ahad, Allah. I have given up on all the theories and texts that the wise men of the religion of the Book are arguing over whose God is right or whose Prophet was greater, I don't need to waste my time anymore other than just to seek greater insight into the what I already hold to be true.In essence I have burned all my books and my bridges behind me where my faith is concern.
If you are a Hindu, be a good Hindu, if you are be a Buddha, if you are a Christian become like Christ and if you are Muslim submit your will to Him and take none other than Him as your Lord. Life is about living in this world and being of use to it in any way you can, life is servitude to others to serve those in need. Life is about Love and Compassion, life is about living with greater awareness of who you are in relation to the rest of the universe around you. When you have fully lived life I feel you will find that to which your faith belongs, until then you are merely existing, occupying time and space till the day you die perhaps still wondering who is right and who is wrong.

Thus Vedanta means "the end of knowledge". Vedanta is that highest spritual knowledge knowing which, there remains nothing further to be known. It is Self knowledge (Atmavidya). It is knowledge of the Absolute Truth (Brahmavidya). Vedanta teaches the real or essential nature of God, the universe, and the individual being (Self) and its oneness with God. 

I am using this quote of the Vedanta simply because it expresses what I am trying to say more better.

"So, so you think you can tell...Heaven from Helll... Blue skies from pale..."
Pink Floyd...Wish You Were Here.

No comments: