Friday, October 24, 2014

A stroll one Misty Morning.

The only Rooster in town woke me up too early in the morning followed by the distant howling of the Mawas monkeys and myriads of local birds. I decided to go for a morning walk into the foothills of Lintang. The mist that had shrouded the whole neighborhood ws still thick and the air was fresh like you would never taste in the city. 

With my staff and my camera slung across my shoulder i set for the  main track towards my  hermit buddy's lodge, the only route that leads towards the the interior, I will have to pass by his hut. There is a whole sense of freshness about the jungle when it is all wet with dew or the night's rain. and the colors always brighter. The ground was soggy and slippery at places but that was to be expected ever rainy season.

Passing his home i noticed my buddy Adi was still in bed or perhaps talking to himself  in the corner of his hut, but the fact that his motor cycle was pa5rked out back means he was home. Still a strange man by any calculation of characters, this guy lives way out here all by himself in a house he built it all by himself, now that is independence.

Add captionFrom whichever angle the house is a classic and a perfect model for artists tp paint or sketch It looks so rustic and yet is set in a perfect setting like it was meant to be and I always felt so fortunate to have had the opportunity to be a part of the scene. Standing there in the misty morning I could not help but felt the melancholy of  being alone and i sometimes envy this guy who is able to create his own world at the very end of this planet..

It was hard to imagine that not two hours drive from this place is the city where i had come from with all its obnoxious vehicles and aggressive drivers trying to get to places that they end up not wanting to be. It is ironic that man would keep looking for all the roadside attractions and the traps of decadent living while here in this wild country there is all the peace nd quiet one could ever want t no cost.
One has to be in the area long enough to appreciate its beauty, the atmosphere  has to seep into one's consciousness and permeate one's being before the solemnness of the place can be tasted. Off course not ever Tom, Dick and Marry can appreciate nature in its rw like this, it is an acquired taste. It takes a special stte of mind to want to be walking alone into the unknown part of the habitat where Tigers are known to still be roaming.


 Who in  their right mind would want to work in this kind of environment? There are those yes, who are so used to this place that to them there is  a sign and markers t every corner of the bushes and  they are wise to what and where things lurks and not to be disturbed. To  these people it is like walking in the park collecting mushrooms.

Off course there is river to cross nd here is where the sandals were discarded and put in  safe place to be collected on the return trip..



It was not much of a walk by any means but I was there! By being there I touched the life around me that ws s close to being in primordial stte as mother nature could get without the dramas of meeting a wild boar or  python or even a tiger. I had met up with any of these characters my morning walk would have had a different tone to it but nope it was just an ordinary misty morning walk on the wild side.
And good old MOses would have been proud at how seriously I took this whole affair.. With every step I took I did my Zikr of Subhanallah! Maha Suci Allah, how pure the Lord.! (something like that.)

No comments: