Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sit like a Mountain.

I am not trying to make converts out of anyone not to Buddhism or Islam, not to any religions that they not already are, I am merely looking at myself and wondering where i stand with regard to my Maker. I am merely looking to find Peace and forgiveness for all my transgressions that some of which only i know, committed in the privacy of my own mind. For these there is only the Divine that can forgive and to beg for forgiveness from my Lord requires i find the real knowledge and understanding of who I am;who is it that is the sinner. Yes,it sometimes seems heavy and sober and makes for boring reading, but this is a very personal journey that started out many years ago as diary of sorts and later turned into a vehicle for catharsis and is turning into a journal or revelation. And Jesus is said to have said, "The Truth shall set you free." What is freedom? Freedom from what? Who holds the keys to the locks and chains that has bound you to this ignorance? The Zen Master is said to have said, "Show me the one that holds you prisoner and I will set you free!" If there is anything i would like to share with those who happen to have read my writings, it is to find their own captors and jailers, their slave masters and petty tyrants and confront these till you have set yourself free, only in freedom can you worship your Lord.
It has taken me a whole lot of bad English and poor spellings, a whole lot of soul searching and fears of being ridicule and frowned upon over these years to arrive at this moment in writing what my heart dictates with more freedom than I have ever felt since. Now i feel like the dam has finally broke loose and the outpouring of  my thoughts and feelings are the outcome of my ever deeper quest into nature of who I am and what my connection is to my Lord. Now, whenever i sit to meditate the moment the thought of my Lord crosses my mind or I say Bissmillah, in the Name of my Lord, I feel intense pouring of energy all over my physical body so much so that sometimes i avoid doing so simply because I wanted to enjoy the quiet sitting rather than entertain uncomfortable flow of intense energy shaking my form like an earthquake.It often leaves me with aches and pain all over and this I can do without so i try not to indulge too much with the spiritual energy when i sit although I would call out whenever i find my mind getting the better of me or some external intrusion is causing a disruption upon my meditation.
I have not regular set of sitting times or a set routine, I find myself sitting everywhere and anywhere regardless if i were in the Mall or the Mosque, while listening to a lecture or watching Captain America on the big screen, I sit. In sitting I find that space within where silence prevails and all thoughts radiates from. In sitting my mind expands into the cosmos without my knowledge and my imagination is ever fueled to allow for creativity to emanate from within with originality. It is through my sitting that I find more about who I am, how far or how near that I am from my Lord and while in this state of complete mindfulness that I feel the presence of Allah and His Loving Kindness, His Blessings and Forgiveness. It is in moments like these that i feel completely free from all attachments and clinging, from all desires and cravings, in moments like these i cease to exist.
Hence whatever it is your belief system may be, whatever it is your religious inclination may be, I have no desire to persuade you otherwise, it is not my intention, I have my own fish to fry and eggs to boil. To you your way to me mine, we are all looking for the same basic things in this life and i hope that we will find them in due course.I only hope that whatever it may be, we will strive towards a universal understanding for peace and prosperity for all. As individuals we can make a whole lot of difference but collectively we can move mountains.  

No comments: