Tuesday, September 16, 2014

HAPPY MALAYSIA DAY!

I vowed never to write of matters pertaining to politics of this country and even as I am writing at this moment there is a red warning sign that keeps popping up telling me that there is error in whatever that i am writing, it is like the mention of the word politics itself triggers  A WATCHDOG SOMEWHERE! (typo accidental but apropos.). My two previous entries about the Malays and the Chinese were not meant as a political comments but my attempt at trying to make sense out of nonsense.  Today being Malaysia Day it is my sense of civic duty that invites me to express a little of what i feel about the state of the Nation. Most Malaysian would agree that we still live in a peaceful country  A country of abundance and a safe sanctuary free from most natural disasters. For these we say Alhamdullilah! Thank You Lord! We are grateful for the bounties you have given us.
We are grateful that we have come thus far without too much turmoils and that we have managed to stay unified despite all attempts to tear us apart both from within and without.We have suffered through a few minor and major incidents since our Independence in 1957 but we have managed to rebound and forged ourselves onwards towards our Vision of a Developed Nation in 2020.and Insha' Allah, God Willing, we are still on course and if all goes well we will achieve this goal.
I hope and pray that we will find our ways to build this Nation into a prosperous and peaceful Nation that can be looked upon with great respect by the rest of the world. It is my hope that every Malaysian can find in this country a place for themselves to proudly call it their home and deep in their heart to feel like they too belong to this proud Nation.
As a Malaysian born and raised in this country I am and will always feel proud of the fact that i have lived to see the country at the most crucial moments of its time in History; its inception and its growth into what it is today. Having lived abroad for 24 years of my life i was able to look from outside at what this country has become over the years and how it has fared the turbulence and turmoils along the way and yet is able to stay afloat and sailing right along toward its destination. I hope and pray that all my fellow Malaysians will give a little time to reflect upon what has been and what can be for all of us sailing in this same vessel that we call Malaysia.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really interest piece! I had the chance to meet you and travel around Malaysia a few years back and I think the way Malaysia approaches their differing cultural groups is actually very inspiring. Like you said, you have a relatively peaceful country that is moving in a great direction, and not every country with so many different groups can say the same!

Shamsul said...

Thank you for your comment and I am glad you had a great time here while you were here. Do you still travel?