Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My Trip back to the Retreaqt.

My trip to the Organic Farm in Lintang happened at four in the morning simply because i could not sleep all night from too much brain activity which i realized happened due to too much useless thinking of things to come, my children and the state of the world today. So i decided at four to just throw in some clothes and stuff for a few days stay out in the wilds.

I reached this lakeside area of Tasik Berlis in Sik while it was still dark and decided to take a nap as i was slowly but surely dozing off while driving. I woke up feeling the sun hitting my face and took this few pictures of the rising sun over the mist covered mountains and calm lake. Immediately i felt the relieve. Just to be on the road was good enough to find the peace i needed.  

I have said before that i love to drive at night when i take log distance drives as it helps to sooth my spirit among other things like there being less traffic and not as hot as it would be during the day, hence not having to use the air conditioning which in turn saves gas. 

 By the time i had crossed the Penang Bridge which incidentally is about eleven kilometers long, my mid has shed all the vexations that was keeping me from my sleep. The rest of the drive in the dark along the highway was filled with just meditative chants or zikhr punctuated by some singing in between to keep my mind occupied with more positive vibes.

It promised to be a beautiful morning as i sat on a comfortable sofa on which i fallen asleep strangely enough it was as though left there for me to sleep on, a relative new white sofa from which i took the shots of the sunrise while still laying down.

I am beginning to have a strong haunch that my spiritual journey over the years is now coming to a fruition with things happening out of the ordinary. 

Further down the road the mist hung along the mountain sides giving the landscape a fresh green wash. 

The simple sights like these that one would normally miss or not see unless one takes the trouble to seek it out by moving from one location, one space, one phase of life into another. This is what i needed to do when I left on the spur of the moment t four in the morning. This is what helps to shift my mind from being trapped in a locked space of traffic and human vexations.

No comments: