Thursday, August 21, 2014

From My hut to your Heart

In my earlier blog entry i had written about this hut and its owner, Adi who lives by himself in this hut he built himself. It is located not too far from the SRI LOVELY Organic Farm in Lintang and is the last house built at the edge of the foothills. I took a walk to see how my friend was doing and found him sitting as he did before at the doorway and was invited for a cup of coffee. 

Still wearing the same smile with teeth on the verge of getting wasted from lack of dental care but heart as warm as the morning sun, Adi to me is an enigma. I asked him still why he had chosen to be where he is at and with his usual big smile he said it is all about being free to do as i please.  

I can wake up at anytime, go to work if i want to or sleep the day off and no one can say a thing about it. I cannot stand the world out there, too much noise and too much noise over nothing. and off course all these he said in his Malay local dialect while looking at me with this grin and somehow asking me the same question as to why i kept coming back from the city.

Together with his uncle and auntie we sat and browsed through my sketch books which i found for them was very entertaining especially i happened to have sketched his hut from my previous visit. After awhile he was asked to climb the rambutan tree behind the house which he did while looking at me with an understanding of what was said earlier between us, about being free to do as he pleases.

But he climbed the tree and we had a fun time collecting the rambutans some of which I took back with me to Penang and alter to taken to Shah Alam for the wedding of my niece.

The Rambutan Gading is one of the best among the rambutan species, yellow in color and is very sweet and delicious. Rambutans has the consistency of Lai Chees in taste and texture. 

One of the main attraction in visiting this kampong or village is the fact that everyone has smiles on their faces for you once they know who you are. You are humbled by their friendliness and their modest hospitality. Despite all the killings and the starvation and deceases spreading around the globe, all the downers and decadence, there is this spot where you can find a little love and  peace to share with.

No comments: