Thursday, June 26, 2014

Who lit the Fire??!

The haze is back with a vengeance. Driving towards my friend Ah Huat the auto air conditioning master I could barely see the landscape around me, it is like you are witnessing a foggy day in  the San Francisco Bay Area, if you have had the opportunity to have lived there, only allot less healthier. When will they ever learn whoever they are that being healthy in life is worth all the money in the world and with the scorching weather we have been having burning is the last thing we need. While on the subject of open burning a couple of days ago while driving along the highway close to Weld Quay area in Georgetown I was stalled by a traffic jam cause by a borne fire on the roadside with smoke billowing across the road. It had to do with the Chinese ritual of one kind or another where paper replicas of homes cars and whatever is created and burned so that these objects will accompany the dead to their next realm of existence. As much as it is an act of tolerance towards religions and culture that we put up with such events, it is still not cool to burn out in the open especially where vehicles are passing close by and not to mention the pollution it causes and the additional heat it generates on such a blistering day; then again, this is Penang not Singapore.
Religious tolerance is one of the keys towards our very survival, we all know that and what one does in the name of our personal religious belief whatever that may be must be good for God in all religious believe is a very tolerant God, a God who would not mind a little flame here and a little smoke there and piles of coconuts smashed here and there or all in the act of worshiping Him. ^he more mosques and temples you build for Him the more appreciative he would be after all you are building His houses of worship and it aught to keep the devotees happy too knowing that they have a place of worship at every corner of the street and not liquor stores like in some countries. it is good to be made aware of how pious and virtuous we are in this multi-religious society where we can always turn to our Gods when all else fails Religion itself is a lucrative business in this country where there perhaps more houses of worship than there are MacDonald and KFCs and in this alone our citizen will live a more healthier life style than most other nations.
Oh yes, every now and then we do have a religious conflict here and there but who or which nation on earth does not? For so long as there is Islam, Christianity and Judaism in a country there is bound to be a conflict of one kind or another, forget the other religions as it is. These three religions are out to save human souls from damnation, from the wrath of their Gods. Each has been at each other's throat in order to verify their claims to be the one and true religion of this planet and that God is always on their side.But we managed, and throughout my years of existence i have been fortunate enough not to experience to many religious conflicts in my country other than the fact that it has to do do with politics for political agendas overruns religious sanctity, no religion is safe from violence..Hence most of the religious conflicts here in my country is not because your God or my God is the right God but it is more like when politicians runs out of ideas they turn to religions as the antidote a way of creating more smoke to hide the real ignorance of how to manage a country. To pacify they build more houses of worship, to create a violent diversion they call for sanctions and create discords among the religious groups.
Me, i am a Christian to my Christian brothers and a Hindu to my Hindu brothers and i am a Muslim to my Muslim brothers and a whole lot more if and when i am with other denominators. My Lord knows no religions and accepts one and all as His; He is the Creator of all the religions, beliefs and non believers alike..My Lord never in my entire life has told me that He needs more houses of worship or that His name can or cannot be used by one and not the other, My Lord  will always be undefinable and incomprehensible to me and i can only worship Him in faith.and my faith in my Lord is the most personal and sacrosanct possession in this life. Mine is a Lord of Loving Kindness, mine is a Lord of Compassion and Forgiveness, my Lord resides within the temple of my heart and He is looking at you from within. I am but a mere instrument of His just like you and i worship Him where he resides; within me.
I serve my Lord if and whenever i could by serving humanity regardless of their faith and beliefs and stand in no man's path is his way in worship, albeit in a temple or a mosque, a church or a synagogue; your way is yours as mine is mine. Cut my head off and I still am who I am and not what you think I aught to be in the eyes of my Lord.
.

No comments: