Sunday, May 04, 2014

Sometimes when you feel all closed in...

Why do I love the view of the open sea or the stretches of beaches far as the eyes can see? Why do I love to sit and gaze at the horizon watching the sun rising or setting/ Here i find that space in between my thoughts, that moment of silence and openness. 

As i lay afloat on my back buoyed up by the salt water around me i felt like i am free from the pull of gravity, I feel physically 'enlighten', free!

The evening skies has so much to share in colors and shapes and designs if only you are lucky enough to catch on and be enraptured by its beauty, the universe expressing itself as the light turn to darkness; it is twilight It is the transitory moment before between two dimensions of existence, day has turned to night. The end of another day and a new night begins..

It gives a sense of vast and open space within as I look without the open sea does this to me. I often feel a sense of emptiness and alonenss in moments like these often followed by a sense of  elation humbled by the impeccable beauty of Creation. 

"It would take I know, a Michael Angelo and he would need the glow of dawn that paints the skies above, to try and paint this portrait of my Life,"  Song by Matt Monroe..
                                                                 
And then , this too will pass. For how much longer before the sea too succumbs to the environmental degradation that we are shoveling down our rivers into the sea and how much more have to construct walls and add pilings to control the movement of the sea hence changing all the ecosystem along with it. When will we be able to say to ourselves that enough is enough, lets enjoy what we still have in its natural state. 

The sun will keep on rising and we will keep on enjoying the beauty of dawn and the awesomeness of the setting sun , if and when we have the chance to for in these days and age we are often too busy with life to enjoy such moments even if it soothes our minds and spirits.

No comments: