Sunday, May 18, 2014

How does it all work?

So how do I remain in silence, devoid of noise, sound and the hankerings in my mind? HOW SO I MANTAIN THE PEACE THAT IS INHERENT WITHIN WHILE IN THE CENTER OF THE STORM>  My fingers hesitated again but it is what it is, the thought process that will hopefully materialize yet into another serious practice of Being in the Moment; Now. I listened and watched a video on YouTube of an Indian Guru very well known to the West by the name of Papaji. (note; I had to double check the name while entering this, I thought it was Babaji, as more common reverence among Hindu Masters). I forgot his name even. How does one keep the enthusiasm of the practice much alive each day as one faces the life without, the external bonds of vexations that one is tied to in this lifetime? How do you walk away? How do you remove? How do you remove yourself or how do you learn to accept what Is for what It is.Out my window at the present moment a yellow school bus had just drove by along with a host of cars along with it, it has been pouring rain most of the morning, nice for a Sunday afternoon. BELOW ME A CONVERSATION IS ONGOING AMONG THE EMPLOYEES OF THE CATERING BUSINESS, THE SELERA WAWASAN, my cousin's business.Alhamdullilah! His rezeki as they say it here. To lock out the noise from otside i have worn my earphones and played on Youtube Anoushka Shankar playing on Sitar while NORA Jones sings,'Traces of You."
The Great Guru Papaji was a laughing Guru whose essence is of lightheartedness and taking life with a good sense of humor, to seek in the simplicity of the teaching and not to keep adding one's own stuff to it once one has discovered its beauty and truth. It is neither easy nor hard but it takes a doing, an action, so act on what you have found to be your path, your way towards the Dharma, the Lord or whatever it is that you perceive to be your ultimate goal; I choose my death as mu ultimate goal. If I can understand a good portion of why I was alive in the first place, i might have good understanding of my death and might even be willingly to embrace DEATH AS MY ENLIGHTENMENT FROM THIS CIRCLE OF BIRTH, LIFE DEATH AND RESSURECTION OR INCARNATION. (From now on I will keep the typo errors) Must be a good reason why, after all this too is what it is all about on this wet Sunday afternoon.

Ravi Shankar & Anoushka Shankar Live: Raag Khamaj (1997), 

A video worth listening to and watching what it takes to be called Master if Not a Grand master of the Sitar and Hindu Classical Music. His fingers flew back and forth as if they had a freedom of their own and the music flows direct from within like a flood of sound energy that captivates the entire audience if not the Universe itself at that moment, watching it makes me remember what is called, The Thorn Bird, a mythical bird said to never in its entire existence uttered a sound but on its final day gave the loudest scream out into the universe as it flew at great speed and impaled itself into the thorns of a Thorn Bush and died. This was written in the epilogue of the Novel Chesapeake, by James Michener if  I remember having read it while i was growing a teenager in Kuala Terengganu. I read the Carpet Beggars along with Hawaii, The Floating World,  Sayonara and a few others by Michener back when I was a teenager in a secondary school.  Michener had set my mind on fire and had opened the entire world to my imagination, planted the seed of being a traveler, a seeker a wanderer of the planet and be able to share about my journey with as many as it is possible in this day and age and do it as my form of Pooja, My form of the Lord's Prayer, my service back to humanity for whatever it is worth, fulfilling my Bodhisatva vows: My Jihad, not my 'Jahat'. (Jahat in Bahasa means bad.)



No comments: