Friday, May 16, 2014

Next I want to go to India and Sri Lanka.

                                                                       
I told my daughter last night that i would like to make a pilgrimage to India and Sri Lanka where my roots on my grandfather's side originated from as my next journey if I can find the sponsor. India has always fascinated me in a daunting way like it is not going to be a holiday of sight seeing but a challenge to every aspect of my being as a man as a seeker. I told her that i would like to visit as many of the holy places of the Buddha and the ancient Hindu Temples as my point of focus. This has been one of my dreams and has yet to happen and i hope and pray that it can happen in the very hear future before i run out of steam and give in to living life wondering what it would have been like for my state of mind to visit a country so rich in spiritual history and so poverty stricken in the material sense. For lack better way of saying it , the journey would be yet another one of self discovery and reflections; toi avbsorb the spirituality of humanity at its best and worse.
So from now on it is putting this mid towards making it happen one way or another, I have to bring out the Buddha's begging bowl and start knocking on doors again. Where or how the financial support would come from WallahhuAlam, God only knows, ask the Lord says, and it shall be given, knock and it shall be open; I have strong faith in this principle and further more importantly I need to revitalize my own inner energy and replenish my creativity. I am going through an artistic blockage like a writer's block and am feeling like i am wasting what precious time have left in this life. As a student of the Way I feel my path has always been on the road for as far as i travel physically the deeper i find myself looking at what or who I am. I feel deep within me that travelling through these two countries would awaken within me all the latent sources of my strength and wisdom by the virtue of making a pilgrimage into the places where these were first propagated from, the land and people of my ancestors, the Sinhalese in me. Mine is a very old lineage as my grandfather was a bonafide Sinhalese and his root goes all the way back to the Indo- Aryan bloodline the last to migrate south from all across India to Sri Lanka.
                                                                           
`I have spent a few years in Japan the land of Zen Buddhism and visited the Vatican home to Catholicism and now if i could find my way to India and Sri Lanka it would add another piece of the jigsaw puzzle , that which is my genealogical aspect of the spiritual gene in me  Most of the teachings that I have lived by have their origin in the Hindu and Buddhist tradition, Yoga, Meditation, Philosophical as well as spiritual thoughts that i have been putting into practice are thresult of having met great Rishis and Gurus through reading their life and works. Thanks to Youtube I have spent good amount of my time viewing the Videos from jedu Krishnamurti to Swami Paramahamsa Yogananda, the works of Maharaj ji Neem Karili baba, Sri Rmana Maharshi  and so forth. and, absorbing what is being offered throughout the ages the ancient teachings of the great masters but I feel being there in the country of their origin would further deepen my understanding and perhaps attain greater insight into their mysteries. There is a part of me that dreads going to India, it would be a good healer for my mental perceptions and an awakenig one for my spiritual practice, I sincerely hope.
So i hope that those who have been following this blogging would find it their hearts to pray for this intention to materialize one way or another as i am sure this blog would be much richer for it. I would like to sit and do my sketching by the Ganges among the Devotees as they perform their ablution and pujas or burning of their dead. i would like to feel and smell and taste the life that is India as i know it would enrich my spiritual journey with sights and smells that would invoke feelings from within that only such places as Varanasi or Kathmandu and Bodhgaya can. It would be like lucking the mango direct from the tree instead of buying it in the market.
                                                                       
My daughter told me, "Go do it Dad".
  

No comments: