Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Selamat datang Timo! Welcome Timo A Bahari!

Yea! My son Timo is on his way from Switzerland to visit his siblings here for the first time in his life and theirs, they have yet to meet! Scary!! Oh well as they say, careful what you wish for and yes I wished for children like these and not to forget the captain in Dubai too. My children have all grown up now, a bit lost still but they are their own  persons, good personalities just as mixed up as their dad's. I am blessed, well for now at least I may still need to look for an old folks home in my old age the way parents have lately been finding out all over the world. I say it now so I don't have to say it to them later in my life when it really does not matter anymore. Scary!
I remember a time in my life when I was growing up in Kuala Terengganu and saw my friend and mentor's children and i saw mine in my mind, how i wanted my children to be in looks as well as characters. The will not be perfect but the will attain to the highest at what they set out to do, no matter if it is at tossing burgers, or flying and aeroplane. I pray for their well being and hope that will find their ways and keep in touch with one another even if they live far apart on different continents. It what the Bahari family is all about, I would like to believe the world is our home and doors and hearts will always be open to welcome us. Wishful thinking, I know and I am discovering it as i get older, sharing and caring has its price and hospitality is due to those who don't really need it, for those who need it usually can't afford it. But then again my family and friends have been more than generous towards me and my children in the past, they are most forgiving and accepting of my "Lifestyle."
I hope they will all three of them have a great time and how i wish for this one time that the Pilot in Dubai would do the right thing by his father and make and effort to be with us at some point while Timo is still here. May i suggest that he get all of us off to Pulau Redang for a weekend along with his wife and her family would be a bonus. But that is a father's wish and perhaps the last wish he will ever ask of his son to make it happen. If Faye his mother could be here than it is worth to die for. This was how i felt when I looked at my mentor the late Datuk Ariffin Zakaria's children when I was a teenager in Kuala Terengganu. Datuk Ariffin was at one time the adviser to the Sultan of Terengganu the Late Sultan Mahmood, father to the present Sultan; I had a great mentor. He told me to keep on dreaming my dreams for one day they might come true and I did and never did stop dreaming. This was the guy who pointed out to me when I was his caddy playing the holes around the Tengku Badariah golf course, that you do not say Bom-ber but bom-mer with the b being silent when you look up the sky and pointing out that a bomber was flying overhead, I was sixteen then and he was the District Officer for the Marang district of Terengganu.
What am I going to do with him when he gets here?!! We will cross that bridge when he finds his way on to the ferry here and I am sure his brother and sister have things up their sleeves already.

No comments: