Monday, March 10, 2014

The Fieldwork - You just got to have style.

"I want to see the report on my table first thing in the morning, like how many different kinds of bugs and insects hang around here to help pollinate or destroy the crop and what kind of hanky- panky goes on between them and other creatures like the birds and the worms and so forth. We got to monitor this plot as closely as we can in order to verify why this organic rice gets the gold medal for being the best!"

 "It is my finger nails, I just got it done before I left  Kl, now look at them filled with the black stuff! What am I to do?"
" Well, maybe change your course from bio to chemo?"
" I love your hat, where did you find it?"
" You know, purple is a good color for you, it matches your hair. By the way what kind of shampoo do you use? Your hair looks great!"

"Masha'Allah! do we have to step into that stuff? I cannot remember when the last time was that i waded in mud. Maybe it was when I went camping with my parents when i was a little girl!"
"Do you think there are leeches and things like that, God i hate it when they crawl up my legs!"
 

"Look, we will give you a tootsie roll if you get in there and bring us some insects and bugs! Now be a good boy and jump in there! Don't worry we will not tell your father that you helped us, it will be our secret, ok?"

"Yes all good things must come to and end, and now it is time to say Adios to this little corner of the planet where we hope never to be sent to again to do our research project! We love farming and so on but only if someone else is out there getting mud in their hairs! We are just here to observe and record. "

"Well I know I left my ring on when i started messing around with this stuff and now I cannot find it, please help sort out and look for it!"
"Aiyo! Why you wear rings and all that stuff when you know you are going to get down and dirty. la ?"
"" thought there might be a boy or two here who might be a catch, you know la, the rough and tough farm hand with a few acres to his name." 

"Oh my God! What am I doing here? It is so hot and I am turning into a Hindu. I cannot wait to return to the lab and the air conditioned classroom. What i would give for an ice cold limau sirap!"

No comments: