Saturday, March 15, 2014

Are you Ready for Death?


Have you lived life to the point that you are no more in fear of the inevitability that is you demise, your end to this physical life, the world and all it contains, your mind and all that it has created for you throughout your life? Have you live your life fully enough to feel what it is like to be alive at the point of death? For so long as you have that which you call your 'self' you will have a strong and healthy fear of death my self most of all. Death is also the end of my ignorant mind that which I am at present holding on to to feel alive in this so called that I am living. How can I give up that which I cannot live without; that which I have come to understand to be who I am. This is my only hope to stay alive and not loose my sense of being in this here and now? How can I let go of that pillar that i am clinging on to while I mam floating high up among the clouds and plummet into oblivion; can I? Can I let go of life before death approaches me? Can I die fully conscious of the process of my death? Or will I die unconscious of the whole event wrapped in drug induced state of mind with tubes stick in and out of every orifice in my body? Or can I allow myself to gradually accept the call of death and walk towards it with a willing heart like one lover to another?
Man fears death more so than he fears God. Death holds sway over our subconscious as well as our conscious mind and we cling on to life fearing death from ending all this that we have come to accept as life and who we are in relation to the rest that makes up life.?
Fear is the key. fear leads us to make every effort to understand the nature of death through our living this life moment to moment, breath for breath, not knowing whether the next breath will come without any difficulty; that is how fragile we truly are whether we are Kings or Emperors, Fools or Paupers. It is the fear of death that has held most of us from committing horrendous acts of mischief towards each other often causing death in the process. Better you than me, survival of the fittest, the quest for immortality of never aging youthfulness. Not a soul has return once he dies to tell the tales of the that which is the after life or the journey of incarnation or the end of all consciousness and what it felt like,.Death experience is a one time experience and it is the most personal of experience that one will ever go through in this life and a non negotiable experience to anything  and everything that has tasted life, death is a matter of time, sooner or later it happens.
Are you ready to face the moment of your own death? I ask myself this every day of my life, every moment i feel that I am here forever or that I am told of someone who has just left this life, or when i witness the passing of a funeral or a carcass in the drain of an animal rotting after death. it is not an obsession as some might imply but it is the mystery of mysteries that I personally believe is of utmost important in my life. It was not fully revealed this quest of mine until I had one or two near death experiences myself earlier in my life and a couple not too distant in the past. my reaction to when I felt i was loosing al control of my physical self, while blacking out was surrendering myself to Allah, (perhaps it has to do with my being a Muslim). On most occasion i would recover from whatever it was, a mild stroke of heart attack of simply gas, I would recover from these episodes all sweated out and peed my pants twice without my having any control over the act. I will feel weak but i always knew it was not my time yet and would be thankful that i did not panic and scream out of fear for help, 'Na'uzubillah', Allah forbids! I pray.
I have practically laid into the ground a number of my friends and relatives over the years and the final touching of their forehead to my lips when I kiss them as a final farewell  always reminds me of how our body turns cold once we stop breathing, there is only a cold shell left the person we once knew is no more. Nothing can be done to reverse this process and the prospect of the earth swallowing up every bit of our physical form while it rests in the ground humbles me to kneel in fear of death; what will become of me?

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


- King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition 
The Christians have their faith in the Lord, in Christ, in Jesus, the saviour that thwne they die they will be led through the process of death by divine faith.
The Muslims surrenders their will to that of Allah;
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un (Arabicإِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ‎) is a part of a verse from the Qur'an which translates to "Surely we belong to Allah and to Him shall we return".[n 1][1] The phrase is recited by Muslims when a person experiences a tragedy in life,[2][3] especially upon hearing news that a Muslim has died.[3] The phrase is also recited in situation that involve risk of any sort.
The Muslims submits or surrenders their soul to Allah, for Him from which they had come to to Him they return. This is the refuge each and every Muslim holds in his heart especially AT THE MOMENT OF HIS DEATH. 
The Buddhist have a guide to how one prepares oneself in the moment of death and the period of transmigration form one state to another in the ever evolving of the spirit through out its existence towards the highest of forms: formlessness. Buddha was said to have uttered, "I, am no more>" when he attained to Pari Nirvana, that which transcend Nirvana or the state of enlightenment. The Buddha acknowledged the giving up of His form of existence in the human realm to merge into the void or whatever that lies beyond form.
All of mankind wherever in the world they may come from have in them this fear of death or at least the not being able to understand why it is we were alive in the place. Why were we alive? For what purpose? Why all the pain and suffering? And then will it all come to an instant end upon the moment of death? Perhaps death is the 'return to yourself'. That which you were before you were even conceived by your parents. Perhaps like modern scientists and biologists the atheist and those who place no interest in death whatsoever would have you believe that death is just the disintegration of all the elements that makes up your body happens and the evaporating of all that is your so called consciousness into nothingness but as mere a thing of the turning off of neurons and electrons that had helped to generate them while you were alive. Your thoughts , through your perceptions, your sense of fairness and your intelligence, all were the works of neurons and electrons as a result of your interactions with the external environment. Scientifically you are just another creature struggling to survive individually or collectively, you are just another specie high up on the food chain and what happens after death is up to any explanation or conclusion, the experiment is over; the observer is no more.
What has happened to the observer? Who was observing? Who was conscious of being the observer, the experimenter, the experiment? Where did religion and faith came into the equation? What is Love? Does science has an equation to Love? To Faith? To Compassion? Perhaps it does in its own scientific way to creation an equation to what it is like to have the feeling of Hope; splitting the Atom was a whole lot simpler.Faith cannot be observed, dissected and peered through underneath an electromicroscope: faith is the microscope itself. There is no observer, just observations. No control, no comparison no attachment no dependency, the experiment itself is faith. Saying that one can measure Faith or Love or Compassion is like counting the air that breezes by you. 
  So are we ready for the final moment when it all comes to pieces for each and everyone of us? The final cut, the End of our days? No I am not.
Oh did i mention the Bardo Todol?

No comments: