Saturday, February 08, 2014

Lintang Revisited


It has been almost a week now that I have returned to Lintang Organic Farm my second phase of a retreat while working my butt off to keep physically in shape. I was shocked on the first day to find that all the greenery has gone and the place looked like it was slowly turning into an arid piece of abandoned property.. It is the dry season Mamu, I was told when i commented on the scene. The trees were shedding their leaves and so there was an abundance of dried leaves all over the compound and i decided that my task would be to bring back the greenery regardless if it is the dry season or not. I told the guys that if Dubai and the other Middle eastern countries can turn the desert into a park filled with greenery I don't see why the farm cannot given the fact that there is an abundant amount of water to be had. If only some effort is being put into proper irrigation and water being made easily accessible for watering the grass and plants.

So I spent most of my time the last few days trying to keep the grass wet but without a sprinkler the effort is twice as hard.ans sometimes I felt like I am fighting a loosing battle and the scorching sun is claiming its dues. The nights are cold I found out and my body has been in constant aches and pains when the cold sets in and i ask myself what the hell am I doing here. The answer is quite simple as always I needed to find my own sanity in this turbulent existence we call life. I needed to find peace and quiet and something worthwhile to put my energy and mind into practice for the benefit of others. It is my 'Amal Jariah' as the Muslim calls it or my service to humanity while healing myself. I have a new friend who also stays at the farm and he is also from Aceh. Indonesia, His name is Shawal and a very down to earth pleasant young man who was cheated out of his 10000 Malaysian Ringgit by his sponsor and now stuck in this country till his papers is being straighten out by the Immigration Department. It is the same sad story you hear all the time with migrant workers in this country.But being a good Muslim Shawal takes it with a big smile saying that it is meant to be.
Every so often I meet someone whose life is as uncertain as mine had always been and i can feel for them and they become a source of inspiration for me to do as much I can to ease their suffering by being there at the very least for them to pour out their hearts. I have been in the same boat while living in the US and I know that it is not easy when you find yourself stranded. Thanks to his very nature of being a warm and friendly kind of a guy Shawal has many friends here supporting him in one way or another.

Looking into my heart, that is what i feel like I am doing at the moment feeling like i am writing the end of my long and wayward journey. I miss all my friends and loved ones as I stare up at the half moon at night in the clear skies while listening to the songs of the forest.The loneliness one feels here sometimes makes one look back into life as it had transpired over the years, the people you met and the experiences you have enjoyed and all in all you say to yourself, Not Bad! Not bad at all! I may die penniless but all in all I live a very rich life most of which I achieved by stepping out of the norm and doing what i felt is right by me. As the song goes...I did it my way... The only problem I have right now is not being able to load my pictures into my Blog, but that i can do later when i have the chance to.

4 comments:

Ir Mohd Nasser aka Jamal said...

Salam Pakcik
Good to hear that you are back "home". Looking forward to visit you soon. If you happen to know the Gps coordinate, let me know.
Bye

Shamsul said...

Sorry I do not have it on hand but if you can get to Belantik, in Sik, a few Kilometer before you get to Muda Dam ask anyone for the Organic farm in Lintang you will get here. Go to the mosque or the Gas station on Belantik.
I look forward to seeing you if and when, bring the family.

Ir Mohd Nasser aka Jamal said...

Ok will do, thanks.

Unknown said...

The area surrounding this organic farm is truly beautiful. I have been coming to this area regularly for the last 27 years!