Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Voice from the Forest.

Am having allot of pains in my lower back from the work and most probably from walking around too much doing my 'chores', which mostly is in keeping the grass alive and green and the dried leaves raked and disposed off. I have also been reflecting my situation which is seldom good because i keep looking ahead instead being in the moment and dealing with what is. I worry about my son and daughter in how they are fairing out by themselves even if they are adults now. The fact that my phone is not functioning as it should does not help either, but i hope and pray that all is well with them. As for me i have to keep on fighting the urge to give up this phase of my life and return, return to what?
It is hot and dry here and the forest is turning into a large dry wasteland with the trees being chopped down ans the hillsides being bulldozed for rubber trees. It is the saddest sound to hear one giant tree after another being fell to the ground ans it kept reminding me of the movie Avatar. Lately there were allot of fire crackers being let off all over the hills I suppose in the effort o scare away the wild life especially those that cause damage to seedlings being planted in the ground. Even the gibbons are no more yelling and screaming in the mornings and can only be heard far off in the distance if they are  there. It is depressing to witness this desecration of the forest and the hills, but such is...a man has got to make a living like everywhere else in the world where the natural landscape has to give way to plantations.
There is an air of sadness about and perhaps this is why I feel a little down myself. The fact that i cannot load my latest pictures makes also does not help. But I believe it is to be expected as there will days like this when things are just beyond your expectation and there is not much that you can do but just ride the wave till you catch the next good one. As I read abs watch the latest News around the country I feel even more depressed for it seems like Malaysia is being run into the ground by a bunch of corrupted politicians and religious fanatics which is actually nothing new but still one would think that in this day and age that we Malaysians would have overcome all these issues a long time ago. But it seems everyday there is something new for us to chew on, if not economically it is religious if not political it is murder and accidents. We live it seems in a drama filled environment and there is more of the bad vibes than the good in all these episodes, like we cannot write a positive script to live our lives by any more; where is P.Ramlee when we need him?     I do not know how much longer I will hang around here and if my body can take it, but i will try my best to be in the moment in time and give it all i have got and hopefully there will be a silver lining at the end of this dark clouds. I hope in the meantime that all my loved ones where ever they are, are riding this wave with not too much jolts and turbulence, I pray that they find peace and comfort despite all the negativities that is mushrooming around our lives today. It is a harsh world we are all riding into and it will only get more so if we do not look deep into ourselves and find that space where we can take a breather and make the right choices with wisdom and intelligence.
For those of us who have had the opportunity to experience life in its deeper levels and time, I hope that we will be able to speak out and let our hopes and feelings be known even if it makes little or no difference. The Universe needs our voices of conscience, our cries of justice and freedom, it needs our cries of defiance against all the injustices and wanton exploitation of our planet and its resources. Go cry it over the mountains and over the hills to let our children be free from our own ignorance, our own lack of faith and our own lack of wisdom. We cannot change the world it is said but we can change ourselves, each and every one of us, and we do make a difference no matter how small a change we make. I call out to all men of good faith, stand up and stand tall and deliver whatever it is that you have in your heart of hearts, let the world hear your cry of anguish before it is too late. For the love of humanity, for the love of our future generation let every voice of conscience be heard out loud for the deliverance of and the liberation from our own self ignorance. No matter our faith, our religious denomination, our creed or culture, let us wake up from this sleep of nightmare and reach for that which we hope for, Peace, LOve and Freedom!
This is the voice from the forest, in Lintang, Belantik, Sik, Kedah, Malaysia.      

No comments: