Sunday, February 16, 2014

Adi and his dream house. Quotes from Thoreau


This was how i found him very early one morning as I decided to take a stroll towards the hills from farm. I was attracted by the hammering and decided to have a look see at what my friend Adi was up to. Renovating you bungalow I said to him and he laughed. How about renting out a room for me? And another lauder laughter..

He kept on working as we chatted explaining to me the wood he used for pillars were the center of a larger tree trunk, very hard after all the outer layers being eaten away by termites. How long have you been living here i asked and he said since before there was the road that you see now. Were you not scared? I am more scared of what goes on outside than what is i here, he said. There is so much hate and people are just more and more vicious towards each other. 

I see you are extending your house, why I asked, getting married? He laughed. Nope, he said, just making room for more ideas to work with.

Dont see any tape measure or 'T square, I said. Dont need them, just eye-balling is all it takes.
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

Where is the water coming from? I asked. Up the hill, he said, used to get it from the farm but they decided to sabotage me by breaking the pipes and even cutting it off, people just are too selfish sometimes and i don't even know why, after all it is free water supply.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Lets have a cup of coffee shall we?
The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.


An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.


No comments: