Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Wisdom of Ah Huat

These were my Thaipusam Gifts this Year.
Had late lunch early dinner kind of meal at the Nasi Kandar Pelita restaurent in Sungai Dua, here in Georgetown near the USM area and close to where Ah Huat my Chinese brother has his Auto Aircond. Service Shop. I dropped by to see him and have a chat and off course there is no saying no to Ah Huat to whatever treats he has for me; just too much trouble, easier to just go along and enjoy his kind heart and infinite wisdom. Almost everyone at the restaurant says hi! to my friend, and he just smiles an nods his dead to his happy customers; it is really not about the money, he says its about knowing people and how to deal with each and everyone of them, your wife, your children, your friends and your customers, they all are individuals who have their own ideosyncracies for you to deal with. For each you have to wear a different form evn to the tone and manner of your voice, I just talked my wife and he puts his hand phone down smiling like Jackie Chan.
My says, she wants to grown some new teeth or something like that and it cost RM4000. I ask her does her teeth hurt? She said, no. So i said why do you want to cause pain to yourself when nothing is wrong to your teeth and cause pain to me at the cost of RM4000? At first she was no so happy about it but later she told me I was right...Ah Huat smiles his Jackie Chan smile at me and the best laugh I ever had while eating my soup kambing or lamb soup with white rice. Huat has the whole oily curry and friend chicken deal of a typical Nasi Kandar.... with a big grin on his face he said Kita hidup satu kali saja la Shamsul!! or we live only once la, Shamsul!
"Look into your heart, cause that is where it begins, that's where it begins..."
What a Lovely Smile She has, this mother of three while sitting along the roadside selling her Nasi Lemak. While her husband, exhausted, lies asleep in the front seat of their car. I met them while walking along the road towards waterfall Gardens following the Kavadies on the day of the Thaipusam here in Penang. I had one Nasi Lemak and a cup of extra sweet kopi o or black coffee, extra sweet because it was meant for 'kopi o ais' or iced black coffee. and we chatted about a bunch of enthusiastic Chinese photographers who shot the hell out of her child in the cradle with their Nikons and Cannons.



There! there! Shush! Shush! Snap! snap!, Click! click!
This was my day at the Thaipusam celebration this year other than letting my imagination run free shooting at Sari clad figures that would have made VanGogh swoon looking at brilliant colors and designs wrapped around voluptuous bodies as they roll or glide by you or steal a shot off their rears while they are happily wrapped in their own Thaipusam spirit of s festival.

Oh how great is to be young again! But i cannot complain, I had my days and the women will always be my downfall if not celebration itself.

No comments: