Thursday, January 16, 2014

How I spent my January 2014 - More or Less

If you say I did this and did that, where is the proof? Not that you need to prove what it is that you did but it would be nice if you could as  a means of sharing with those who happens to look into your life for some form of inspiration if there be such a thing.

I did not and could not do much art while i was a resident at  the SRI Lovely Organic Farm as i was preoccupied with much more tedious things such as looking into my neorotic mind grappling itself with being in the heart of peace and quietness. But I still have my camera to do the documentation where images are concerned and perhaps from these i can do some art.

I was not up to the physical capability to be of much help while the guys ran up and down fixing the water hose up the river but it was fun and i felt like a kid again whenever I made it from one side to the other. 

Watching others stir the pot was not good enough without  lendng my hands into it as well, oh, just for the proof that i was there and done that.

These are men who are movers and shakers when it comes to farming and the Indian gentleman was from Tamil Naidu in India and is an organic farmer there.

One finds companionship wherever and whenever. I confronted this 'Brown neck' as in Redneck in the west when he hal heartedly shook my hand and gave men a challenging look of a kampung tough guy. i accosted him for his lack of respect to an older man for one thing and later this is the result, I find respect and friendship, even invited to visit him if i happen to pass his village in Kelantan.

Y6eah, geeting older and less wiser but it is all in the spirit of being there at the moment in time doing what it is that you are good at; house keeping.

I find that the best way to get into the feeling of a place, albeit getting to know others or the place is to do some form of housekeepin. Nobody can stop you from sweeping or raking the place and sooner than later you have the command of the situation as you discover every nook and cranny of the place through your work.

Style is as important as the act itself; one tries to look better than how one feels it helps to throw off any doubts your or others'. No sense in looking shabby and messy just cause one is on  farm or out in the boonies. Impressions makes allot of difference when one is ntt known locally; looking like Indiana Jones might do the trick.

Once you have got the feel of the place than you can relax and blend into the landscape of the local lifestyle. It is always good to remember who you are, the fact that you have spent 21 years of your life in the United States and three years in Japan would help to boost your moral and command respect. Being one of the oldest if not the oldest on site helps too if you can remember your status as you develop your interpersonal relationship with others. 


Use each and every tool available to wield your power like they are your weapons , for when you are a master in using these tools you become 'A Master' to those who cannot. I will always remind myself the fact that, 'Hey, I can do what you can, but i highly doubt that you can do what i have done in my life. It is not an open bragging as I do not say it out loud as a challenge but i say it to myself as a reminder.

 I write my thoughts and emotions down whenever i get the time to do so, which is quite frequent actually and it helps me to further observe my mind and its endless wandering and ramblings. Most of the time what I write are just more ramblings, but in doing so I am a little more focused in what runs through my head. 

When among men of accomplished status, whatever that means, 'call em great minds, I resign myself to becoming an observer, a listener, a watcher like an idiot. 

 I value th friendship of the simple and down to earth hardworking man wherever they originate from. I learn much more wisdom from the man who lived his life through hard work and struggle daily to survive than from those who claims to hold doctorates.

Sometimes i let my ego have its ways and pretend that I am in control of my life and what goes on around me. I am alwys reminded of the Roman statues I saw while my visit in Rome especially of Julius Caesar standing tall and simply pointing.

Then there are my sons! These I am at a lost as to what the hell I am to expect of them! My daughter, well I know she has got me wrapped around her finger.  I am ever thankful to the Al-Mighty, for having four great kids and for them I leave this legacy of a lifestyle of  a drifter and a rambler. Ps, I could have been a doctor! Or a lawyer! I never had any doubt about it.

No comments: