Monday, December 02, 2013

Huat Huat Car Airconditioning Shop.

Penang is primarily made up of Malays and Chinese and they strive to coexist alongside each other since the days of the early  immiggrant settlers, the Chinese especially whose forefathers left their country for better or worse to eke a living in a new environment. That was all that mattered nd everyone accepted this as it was natural that the Chinese too deserve to call themselves Malaysians. Today due to the economic
This is the humble office of Ah Huat my good friend the Car airconditioner Sifu and on the walls are my art works that has been hanging ther for as long as we have been friends. Ah Huat takes pride in the fact the painting on the left has change its hues from all the smoke and dust making it more valuable n essence.
A close up of the painitng whcih was done with acrylic on canvass. It is a well done piece if I might say so myself as it captures the serene beauty of the the scenery.
Ah Boon, the kid who will oneday be another airconditioner sifu, very hard working and most warm and friendly and soft spoken; Ah Huat has been training him well.

Another of my Chinese brothers, a man who is self made, who at the age of thirteen ledft his family to take up a trade in Kuala Lumpur becoming the Aircond Man. He has found what most are looking for in this life and that is the peace and joy of livng the simple life as a mechanic.He is working on the Knacil getting her Road tax sticker on which he isisted on doing it himself as i was deemed a cluts at such matters. Off course I fully recommend this man for the job if you ask me where to take your car to have the aircond. system worked on, but I am reluctant simply becaue he seems overloaded with customers most of the time.

Ah Huat has removed the back seat to make space for a storage of all the things I will be taking with me on the trip around Malaysia.. He fixed my car radio which has been out of order for as long as I can remember. he insisted that i will need the radio on my long drives alone especially at night. He is going to fix a string of lights in the interior for my use when i need it and not having to depend on the present dome liht which hardly serves its purpose.

Ah Huat, 'the Laughing Mechanic', a man much deeper in his thoughts than meets the eyes Does not have too much of an education but has alot of inner spiritual evolution to place him in my book as an elightened being. He is one of my sponsors going on this trip simply he said because he had wanted to do so himself but it cannot happen, so he will enjoy it through my success and share with the journey when I return. He riminds me of Jakie Chan in more than his looks,

No comments: