Thursday, October 17, 2013

Zen Scatology - The Way of Shit!

                                                   The Crab Nebula. (3x3' oil on canvass)
There is no such constellations as you see it in the Universe anywhere out there although the image was taken off the Internet from a Space Photo taken by an astrophysicist. By the time i was through with it the original has transformed into my own inner forms of thoughts and silence. Perhaps I have created yet another constellations of stars and planets out there, i have set in motion a strong, passionate and genuine impulse for the Universe to express itself, at least this is what i am being made to understand from having read and studied and meditated upon for years of what i haVE COME TO OR WHAT WILL I COME TO BE WHO I AM! (THE CAPITALS WERE MISTYPED, I WILL LET IT Be).
The painting is presently stored at Ong and Manecksha,
Associates and Solicittors,
200, Victoria Street,
10300 Penang,
Malaysia.
It is part of my "Space, The Tinal Frontier", series.
For any purchase enquiry please contact Mr. Lee Khai.
While checking out the bookshelf at China House Restaurant where Marissa works at on Beach Street and Victoria Street, in Georgetown, a place Marissa waitressed at every time she is on vacation from college, I found another good resourceful reading very tightly connected with my journey, I found a book by Charles T. Tart, Living The Minful Life. (a handbook for living in the present moment).
An insightful foreword by Sogyal Rinpoche, author of , The Tibetan Book of The Living and Dying. I am fortunate to have come into close contacts and benefited in more than ways from having read the works of G.I Gurdjieff and through it D. Oespenski's analytical study of the human consciousness. I studied under Jack Kornfeld and Thich Nacht Hanh, Norman Fischer and  Lou andBlanch Hartman, i was a student with Reb Anderson and I sat with Paul Disco as my main Instructor in my Zen Practice at Green Gulch Farm on Star Route One, Sausalito, Marin County, California; I spent two years of my life and transformed myself from what i was to what I am today.
I was the 'disruptor' to some, I was the incorrigible to others, I was an exotic clown and I was a deadly serious Student of Zen in the lineage of Sunryu Suzuki Roshi; The San Francisco Zen Center. This was a part of my journey through this spiritual life, ( not that i realized it as such most of my younger life.) for there were a whole lot of hedonistic and free for all dramas too that were involved for which I am reaping the karmic consequences and enjoying myself rambling about my past; what good is your past experience if it cannot be shared?  I can safely say that I have more than earned the rights of passage to be able to write as my mind dictates my fingers to write my thoughts out even if it is merely relating  stories form the past,; within theses stories i find wisdom that was hidden from me when I was in the midst of it, I only experienced the pain or pleasure of it but not the essence of every lesson it was meant to expose. I was not not present in the moment but my mind was, with all its preconditioned thought processes my mind became the director, the documentor the analyzer of what transpired and how long it sustained and how it dissipated into the memory files located deep in the recesses of the subconscious; what are the passwords!? One tap on the enter button and I realize I can unleash my mind to throw out all its hidden skeletons and treasures from years of living a life of a rambler, a story teller and entertainer of sorts, if not just to keep a the light of the great masters keep shining as darkness is threatening to engulf humanity from all around in shapes and forms that were once created from innocence and sincere desires and later transformed into warped ideas and weapons of mass destructions.
I believe i can fly, I believe I can fly just like everyone else but most of everyone my mind has attached itself to this phenomenal existence, the realm of forms and space, this physical realm that the Buddha considered to be the most auspicious realm to be if one is in the human form, for it is only in the form as humans can man conscious liberate himself, free from the bonds of ignorance; he can learn to at least die will full consciousness and right understanding of that which is life and death. Having lived life like a rolling stone most of my life and having gathered knowledge and wisdom from the corners of the planet I feel the 'Ke reda'an Allah' or Lord's Grace has been always in me throughout my journey. His Grace has sustained me through the darkest and lightest nights of my life, in fear and in sorrow, in loneliness and despair my thoughts would revert to Him even if often in the form of accusation and anger; the lack of justice, I would wail in the silence of the night, Why!! Why be here in this misery? Who asked to be here?! Did i have any choice in this decision? It started at a very early age ever since I learned what religions was all about as I was raised as a Buddhist and a Muslim both at the same time for 12 years of my life. This was my life growing in Georgetown, Penang where I attended Francis Light Primary School sometime in 1956 a year before the country gained its Independence.
Yes the mind enjoys worm digging and rummaging through old clothes just to savour the smell of bygone days, this too is alright for so long as it does not become a habit for no good reason; turn these thoughts and images from the past into food and fodder for reflections. case studies, dissections and amputations of cancerous tissues to be replaced and rejuvenated by ne w and healthy thoughts and dieas that helps to keep a meaningful existence towards being in Consciousness and Awareness of one's existence; turn the shit into a healthy compost and feed it to a healthy cabbage patch and produce the juiciest cabbage in the whole county, organic. Ironically in this day and age we hardly take a glance at what we dispose off when we sit on the toilet bowl with our magazine in our hand and and a cigarette smoking on the other, we take our crap and as soon as we feel like we had enough we wipe our ass and take a sniff at our fingers before we reach back and punch the flush unit, whoosh! All gone! This is how close we come to knowing what we are made up of. For those who have grown up gotten use to 'Washing your butts after taking a dump, consider yourself fortunate that you at least have good confidence that your butt hole is thoroughly clean when you walk out of the toilet; no left over residues, not physically nor mentally, good spiritually. Study you stool as you pass your motion as often as you can don't wait for the doctors and nurses to do it for you. The shape and color and consistencies of your stool can tell a telltale sign of what the condition of your stomach is like. Compare what you ate last and what came out and you would be surprise at what you might learn. If what is consumed is good, what comes out on the other end will be no less and sometimes even your shit can smell good. If you set off your day with a good smile on your face after taking a crap, you are guaranteed a blessed day. Try this, no one watching, only you and your dump! Take a closer look even if it is just a disgusting glance but try to see what was just ejected from you guts, your waste product, your used and discarded stuff that which you will continually consume and discharge till you die, look at it. I doubt the Buddha taught this but I feel it makes for good meditation practice especially if everthing seems not work for you in your search for a method a system an institution, a monastery, a form of drug, a form of worship, no, nothing seems to be of choice for you; take up the Zen of Scatology... the Way of Shit!




No comments: