Thursday, October 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Little Girl -You are a woman now.

                                                     On the 21st. of Oct. This little girl became a young lady of 21
How time flies and how they grow up before your very eyes. Born in San Francisco at St.Luke's on Mission and Army Street in the Mission District, Marissa Bahari is now 21 years old; I am free, she announced to her peers!! Yes she is and always has been even if she did not know it as from an early age she has her own mind and i allowed for her to be who she is as much as i could. I do not believe in shaping or forcing my ways on to my children even in their education but I always remind them to be mindful especially of the little things in life. To be respectful to those who are their elders and to take pride in who they truly are.

Marissa with Memo Folco's daughter at Golden Gate Park, Children's playground.

Both Karim and Marissa practically grew up in the Golden Gate park as we were living on 2nd Avenue in between Folsom and Balboa, two blocks from the park. The picture is of the kids taking a picture with a couple of elderly tourists who would have adopted them if I had allowed it and take them ho to Armenia or somewhere. 
                                                        
George Berberis Holding Marissa with Sofia his daughter looking on. Below is Mom and dad, visiting George in San Jose, California. George was one of my closest friends and is now some big shot in the Fiberoptics industry last i heard. A great man with a great mind. I was with him when he opened his ice cream parlour the "Go Bananas, located on Geary Blvd, in San Francisco, this was where i met George. I introduced George to his wife Rosemary a Philippine lady. If not for me they would not have met.

I taught an art class at Convent Green Lane, Marissa former secondary school on the came morning and there were about sixty girls in the hall and they all sand happy Birthday to Marissa after the Art teacher Madame Lilian Kam told them that Marissa was a former student there. The sound of sixty odd girls singing on top of their voices was moving for me, it was unfortunate that Marissa was not there to share it.
Later in the evening Marissa, Karim and I went to the China House restaurant where she was working part time and the day earlier her boss had asked for the pastry chef to make her her favorite cake. We were joined by my brother Lee Khai whose office is a walking distance from the China House. it was a cozy time we had eating the cake and chatting over what next.
And this too will pass...

Nothing is permanent in this life All is transient...change is inevitable...acceptance of change in whatever form or nature it may be is the healing process of the effects of change...all with Right Understanding. and the bell rings...take a slow deep breath for now and return to the present...Be Here Now! It is all in the little things as well as the larger ones that one learns to make the positive connections by being in the moment at whatever one undertake to do. This is Being in the presence of the Universal Consciousness, the Collective All! This is being in the presence of the Lord...this is my prayer...my way to my Lord. may he forgive me for my transgressions and accept me as I am; I am Thy servant....Ya Allah!
This is my belief, my faith and i hope and pray that all my children will make every effort towards understanding of who they are as far their father is concern...I have seeked my way and found my journey's end in complete faith in Allah's Grace and Mercy. I entered His house through my long journey of searching and trying to make sense out of nonsense in this life has led me to enter Allah's domain through the back door...if you have been following this blog you would have come to some understanding of what i am tryng to share with you now...just in case you wonder.
This journal is not just about me and my follies, my fortunes and misfortunes in life, it is an experiment with faith., 'Tawakal' in Allah, (call Him by what you may).
Now that my youngest child is of age, I have done my part as a father to all my children they are all adults now I can take advice from them. My written English has changed over the years and hopefully towards improvement, but i write for a wider audience to share with, the 39 followers who has followed  my Blog and the others the 86,000 odd page viewers the I have an average of 150 readers daily from mainly in the United States and the rest of them from from scattered countries. It is a good feeling to be able to touch the minds of  others from different walks of life around the globe by telling them you life story and calling it a Ramblings of the Cheeseburger Buddha...This is my Birthday present to All four of you my children.




No comments: