Friday, September 13, 2013

                                                                Who Am I?

Got my  two front tyres changed and was told by my friends at the museum it was a rip off and I thought oh...well it was a place recommended by my friend Ah Huat the aircond man and Ah Siang the mechanic, so hey if it is a rip off it is not their fault or mine... I went to a Malay tyre shop. Such Is! Thank God it is is just tyres for a Kancil, and not a MMercedes or BMW! I see it as a goodwill for my fellow Malays who are not many in numbers having a tyre shop in Georgetown.
Its Friday and the Imam gave a prewritten Kuthbah something prepared by JAKIM (Malaysian Islamic Affairs dept.). it was well thought out by whoever prepared it and it touches on the respect for the Constitution of the Country basically the social agreement made by our founding fathers. The need for religious and social tolerance between the racial and ethnic groups that makes up the nation as a whole. It also says that the word Allah is exclusive only for the Muslims and is not for the use of the Christian Faith in their Biblical translations. iT IS THE RESPOSIBILITY OF THE uMMAH TO STAND UP AND DEFEND THE SANCTITY OF THIS WORD; ALLAh! The capitals were an accidental miss press of the Caps Lock key, but I like it and it is approport. However it needs to be done through skillful means and not create a Jihad out of it through fatwas and so forth. It is entirely up to the Muslim Leaders, the Ulama's to put forth an impeccable argument as to why other religions cannot use this word for their purposes of worship in their respective religions.
Next week sometime I have invited myself to join the Bible Study Classes at a Church with Lee and his family, it should be an awakening experience. I have read the Bible in its translation here and there and have high respect for those who are Christians as  much as i have for those who are Hindus or Muslims. The fact that a man or a group of people are will to find the time and take the trouble to find the truth about themselves through the act of spiritual understanding and worship I think they deserve to be respected; only human beings are capable of this act.
"Lakum dinukum wali Adin", You, your way and me, mine... it is written in the Holy Book. at the end of a short verse called Surah AlKafirun - The Disbelievers. No doubt, there is always room to learn and to understand what the other person hold to be his truth or why he too is willing to die for his belief. I have chosen to use the word "Lord" whenever i wish to express myself with regard to Go or Allah. I am the servant of my Lord here on Earth and in the hereafter even if the teachings of the Buddha claims otherwise, that I am to depend on nothing but myself for my own salvation. I am a seeker and i am still seeking for the complete picture the complete puzzle to fall into place and i will with all my will and effort leave no stone unturned in my pursuit. God has no problem, I have, it is up to me to untangle the tangle, unravel the mysteries at least before I exit this life. I am part of the Whole, The One, the Unification of Being in Oneness, as such nothing is right or wrong for me but only the Right Understanding of my own part in being who I am. If I am an artist then it is only who I am by trade or vocation in this life, but who I am in relation to my fellow Muslims or Humanity Itself, is a long journey of awakening for me a journey towards Complete Enlightenment and it with this Complete Enlightenment will I enter the Presence of my Lord. When I, am no more, my Lord Is.








No comments: