Friday, September 20, 2013

Regurgitating my past...Comtemplating my Future.

                                               I Love  Japanese Art and Culture. Had lunch at Taman Saadon where my cousin Cik Nab and her husband Cik On (own) has a Masakn Melayu roadside stall and met an old friend from Sungai Pinang whose family was like my own whose younger brother who died at the age of twelve was my closest friend. I visited his mother twice during this years' month month of Ramadan still living but she would hug and kiss me calling me her precious cause i reminded her of her lost son. A little off the track for those who are not familiar with my personal life story of which I occasionally turn away from the the main highway and revisit some old haunts at the back of my mind...stashed away for moments like these.
Also present was his son and one of my nephews who i just learned I have to my pleasant surprise, he is married to my last remaining uncle, Paul Baba also nkown as Ba Selong (Ceylon Ba!) among his friends as he was adopted by my grand father who was Sinhalese Ceylonese. but is known as Ma' Ba to every one or To'Ba to the younger generations; his is a tough act to follow. We talked allot about my late Auntie Ma'Timah Bidan who incidentally delivered both this father and son into the world and they told me they have a video of the father's wedding and in it is my auntie the most busy in the video. The father related to me how my auntie would keep attending to her after birth care with herbal medicinal and massage therapy to help the recover from child delivery...minyak angin ( massage oil) Ma'Timah was a very well sought after remedy that had become a common house words and it was a cure for all from a stomach ache to sprains and twists; most of her services were pro bono, Ex gratis, Free of charge.
Her house was like a social welfare home where anyone and everyone needing a home could use it in transit till they move on, my friend went on telling his son, for this she was not popular with her immediate family, as it was hard on their lives living among so many some of whom she even adopted for good. 'Anak anggkat Ma'Cak ...adopted child of the oldest auntie as they were fondly known.
I write this to remind me or anyone who would edit my blog into a cohesive piece of Rambling can expand more on the subject of my most beloved and feared auntie...Ma Timah Bidan, the Midwife from Sungai Pinang, Kampung Selut. It will also help them to ascertain the source of information's. There i sat having lunch whose mother was delivered by the same midwife who delivered him and his present son! The son is presently a contractor by profession, from what I gather during their conversations. My late auntie had left and indelible mark of her presence during her time in the village and around the Island of Penang.
As i was weaned by her from birth my auntie is also by Muslim belief to be my blood mother and thus sometimes i believe what kept me from going overboard with my life like ending up a drunk or a drug addict, and instead pursuing the course of self discovery towards keeping on the 'right track'i nhtis life is due to her genetical,influence in my blood. In short my acts of caring and love, understanding and sympathy's are all due to having her milk flow into me as an infant being adopted away from my mother who kept my twin brother who was older than me by half an hour.
Such Is...Life!
As I might have said fifty times in the course of my blogging, it is for my children if and they so incline to read, that they will discover bits and pieces of who they are or where their 'roots' grow forth from. my soil runs deep in terms of lineange and genetical combinations of the human DNA and theirs is even further up the line what with their Caucasian mothers' blood lines. My first was of German ancestery and my second was of Swiss, my third was of German/English? She was an adopted child who never knew who her real mother was and had psent a good part of her life while with me looking for her. So my children will have to become conscious as much as possible of their past heritage in bloodlines and genetical spiral. If nothing else it makes for less boring things to do.
Afterall and this too shall pass...for so long as my mind can look back and reflect upon theevents of my past why not enjoy it as there will come a time in the not to distant future that my mind might slip out and refuse to look back or foreward anymore. I could be reading a good novel while letting the Universae pass me by or i could sit here and reach out to the rest of the world with my tedious ramblings. It really matters not which I chose to do but whether while my time away buried in a novel or tell my story in my blog, what matters is that am here breathing and doing what i love to do...ramble.


As a Buddha's disciple, he ought to nurture a mind of compassion and filial piety, always devising expedient means to rescue and protect all beings. If instead, he fails to restrain himself and kills sentient beings without mercy, he commits a Parajika (major) offense.
                                                                                  The Brahma Net Sutra

The First Commandment; Thou Shalt Not Kill.
                                                                 God. through Moses.
All religions ask the same of man, the he obeys s certain code of conduct for his own survival as a specie and it dates way back to the 'Law of Manu' in India, it was said to be the first covenant between God and man...where the Lord had laid down the precepts... for what it is to attain towards being Al Insan Kamil, The Perfect Being, The Awakened being; not the guy half the time in limbo zone or the twilight zone drifting through life in a bubble of ignorance. Don't take life, be loving to your parents, how hard can that be to understand?






No comments: