Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Shaking the Tree of Life.

I Did It My Way!
The first Yahoo headline i read on the Internet was "8 Yr. old bride died of internal bleeding on her wedding night", a very sober awakening for me and here i am rambling on about the state of humanity in this present day and age... and that is not the worse by far as you can often read in our local tabloids like the Metro, we find infants being abandoned by their parents allover like rotten potatoes and we pride ourselves in being civilized. There should set the tone for my rambling on down the road as I sit here back in the basement office of MGTF staff letting my mind do its thing...so Breath long and deep with me and let the silence in and the mental images subside into the void that is my subconscious vault of images since the day I was conceived by my parents. Their geneticcal combinations of human strains reaches far back still to countries like Sri Lanka and Sumatra and so was my grand father and grand mother before them. Like your my subconscious vault contains the sum total of all of these external manifestations but deeper yet into my spiritual as well awakening experiences; I have to be aware of all these factors as I evolve; A Muslim, A Buddhist?, A Christian? A Hindu? Who am I?
One day as a child as we were having fun playing hide and seek in the water during a high tide around my village of Kampung Selut, I came upon an infant wrapped in Chinese Newspapers that was floating about where we were. I discovered it was an infant after I had with a force broke through the bundle that was cconstantly rotating in the water even as I tried. I had used an oar that was at hand from a small canoe we had with us. Standing at one end of the canoe I pierced the bundle right the papers and discovered the forehead of a child white from being bleached. It was my initiation into the realm of pain and suffering even as a child for till this day I still carry this image in my mind as a reminder of what we so called humans are capable of when driven to commit what we abhor. Then I realized that for me to survive this insanity called life, I have to practice what today I have learned from many teachings of the practice of 'Bare Attention'. The meaning of what it really is to live life as like a lotus in muddy waters or 'Inactive action' or Detached Involvement... all I discovered along my years of moving from one form of suffering into another as my life matures.
Suffering Is...None who suffers! The Buddha was said to have uttered one time or another, (I read this in a book while sitting outside my apartment in Green Bay, Wisconsin... Eastman Avenue to be exact. Not to say I got good memory but to understand why I got good memory on this particular occasion in time and space; suffering Is...None who suffers! Simply said, for so long as you have an attachment to your 'self', you will suffer or think you are suffering, pain becomes pain and discomfort becomes discomfort... you bitch and moan and tell yourself and this too will pass. Similarly when you are having a good time and life is all hunky dory you think you are having a good time and life is worth living and this too will pass... nothing in time and space is permanent...all is subject to change, to transformation, to evolvement towards a greater or a lesser being accordingly. The human mind is the tool that can lead us into whatever it is that we strongly believe we will become at the end of our days, it is the gift that the Lord has accorded man and none others...the will to choose, Right path, Left path or Middle path... trying not to be trapped into extreme paths.
We cannot heal others but we can help to find the methods towards healing as we have learned and understood how our forefathers had dealt with such similar circumstances in their times. Thus they practiced Yoga, the Raya Yoga, the Hatha Yoga, The Karma Yoga, The Pranayama Yoga. They sat in Zazen and chanted the Mahaprajnaparamita Sutra, in its Sanskrit form as well its English translation, this the Heart Sutra as it is known in the Soto Zen School of Japanese Buddhism. They congregate in their houses of the Lord every Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays re affirming their covenant with God, being a apart of the Ummah, the Congregation. For those who have a glimpse of enlightenment and are able to share it with the rest of humanity is more than welcome in this days and age of the decline of the the Dharma, or the approach of The age of Decay and Ddecadence. Chaos and Armageddon. We can use every help we can get so that more can be healed and light can still shine through the apporaxching darkness in human existence. Help to ease the burden of the other guy, play the fool if you have to and act as though you got it all together if that is what it takes to make the other guy feel within, like he is human and is capable of the greater good.
Life is not about yourself or myself it is more like about the Whole, the Complete, the One, the Collective Human Spirit and our connection to It at all levels and every  circumstances, life is about your relationship to the whole, to others, to the environment, the creatures in the waters, on land and in the air, the creatures seen and unseen, be aware that you are never alone! Every words thoughts and deeds you manifest becomes manifest into the whole, some much more so than others but nothing is free from being a part of the Whole; and the Buddha is said to have said, Nothing can save you but who you are, o Ananda!, as such cling not become attached not become infatuated not, become dependant not on the 'Whole' for your salvation; Be an island unto yourself. "If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him!",... letting nothing come into your consciousness not even the image of a Buddha. Only you and the AlMIghty, You and Allah! None else and even so you have yet to become only one, you have to submit to the Will of the Devine, you have to give up your 'I"....I Am No More!!" ...The Buddha uttered His last words before he entered PariNirvana...the Cessation of All Being. Unto Thy Hands I command my Spirit, O'Lord, ashes to ahses dust to dust, from Thee I have come, To Thee I return.
If I can in some small way through my ramblings share an insight or two towards Right Understanding of who we are I gladly play the role of the helping in the process of healing through my insights, if it is Right then it belongs to the Davine and if it is in error it is my own ignorance and so be so kind as to forgive if not help to clear the way that i might see a better way. I am reaching a wider range of readers, those who have stumbled upon my Blog and I owe it to them the I am worthy of their time and attention and that i deliver what is the fruit of my own own intuition without fear or favor. This is my way of cleaning up my own mirror and purifying my soul, my journey towards my Lord.
Insha'Allah! By The Grace of my Lord. 

No comments: