Wednesday, August 14, 2013

From Random Sketches


I felt like a fool after opening my mouth to give my two cents worth of 'Art Appreciation to a group Art Judges selecting the winners for the "Heritage Art Competition" which which took place at the MGTF - USM. I should have restrained myself and practice just 'Bare Attention', which would have been more fruitful a practice. But i had to jump in like I always do feet first and letting my emotions fly to prove my point. Among those present were highly qualified 'Otais' and a few Art teachers and professors like Prof. Fauzan of USM and Lawrence Loh. Needles to say I put my foot into my mouth in front of great art teachers. 


But i am glad in a way that i made a fool of myself every now and then and especially in the wrong moment and time, this is when I make my 'self' heard where and when it matters. I was able to apologise to Lawrence but the others I find no need to worry anymore how or what they felt about my silly outburst on something i finally have come to embrace as my personality; I am an artist.


If it all sounds like more justifications over my ignorance or the inability to keep to my practice, yes it is and I am humbled by the experience but at the same time felt a deeper insight into who I am among my peers as an artist in the is City of Georgetown., Penang.

I see myself as who I am in the mirror every morning and i am happy that i have been allotted another year added to my life as my birth date passed by a few days ago. I am about to talk the downward slope of the bridge of my life, I have reached the summit of my path and the rest is a gradually drift towards the culmination of the entire trip I have taken thus far in trying to piece together who I am amidst life as it its.

My journey is one of taking a look at the world from within with as much awareness and enthusiasm as i possibly could like tomorrow may never come. Each and every action I manifest for better or for worse, I fully accept as is with not room for doubts or judgement, with no attachment or revulsion, with not a concept of these notions of action. I act and my action is me.

I I sweep the corridors of my mind clearing away the dust and dirt, the cobwebs and molds that has accumulated over time; thus I am.

No comments: