Tuesday, July 02, 2013

The Bikers Dropped By.

I spent two weekends  at Balik Pulau the future to be Tapak Warisan or cultural ground with the intetntion of helping to promote the place. Sometime it felt like a loosing battle with no prospective in sight, then a bunch of Bikers dropped by  raising Hell and Dust, it was refreshing..

These guys were from the Northern region Motobike Clubs a group from Kedah and Sungai Petani and saveral other areas in the Northern States of Malaysia.

Shared my sketches with the head honchos who just took a brief break from their long rides.
I have no idea who these guys are but they seem cool like just a bunch of guys out doing their thing on a weekend.
My friend Din (Besi) who owns the place and wants to run it as a cultural center for the arts. He is a pretty down to earth humble man with great spritual inclination. Like the rest of us he too is looking for the break to make ends meet, but he has the passion for work and in making things happen. His enthusiam makes me want to be a part of this project.
I hope these gentlement would remember this place in the future and send more people our way, htose who are looking for a place to rest and share stories in arts and culture.
I hope the roar of these engines will help to awaken the sleepy neighborhood and that is what i felt about this place since I have been hanging out here. It seems the rest of society is out there somewhere or buried in their homes close to the Televisions to notice anything about what is going on right across the street from where they live. 
The sharing of thoughts and ideas may come as a boon from God knows where and sometimes pleasant surprises like this drop in visit helps to awaken the spirit and motivate the soul.

It is a rush to listen to the rev of the engines and makes you wanna join in the fun, but I am too old to handle the big bikes, mydays of motorcycling were over a long time ago when I realized that I was hell on wheels and could have done allot more damage to myself had i continued to ride one.


No comments: