Tuesday, July 09, 2013

The Armenian Street Art Fest.

It was not the best of times, this time around at Armenian street. First i was yelled at by the owner who owns a Batik design shop for placing my artworks infront of her shop blocking people from entering, which I found out later it did not. The owner is my close friend Hasnul's wife, she apologized and blamed it on her having a bad time getting started, yada!
The there was no easel as promised by the Museum staff so no mood for any life sketching as doing it on the table flat often gets me all screwed up in terms of proportions and so on.
The one consolation i go from the day was asking the Khat writer Ustaz to write on my works as a collaboration effort, I see a possibility of creating works together in the future.
The life of the party was the all Malay traditional band playing alongside a snob on a violin.
The MGTF staff found something to do to break the tedium of the day by playing 'sepak takraw'


 For lack of proper place to hang my works I stuck the across the street on the doors of an unoccupied office building and the framed ones were lined on the floor. Street Art!!

But as promised i deliver on my hands and knees just so the public is entertained. Not a piece sold even when I priced my works like peanuts, perhaps time to eevaluate my career or whatever is left of it timewise.
To top it all up,the CM whisked by accompanied by with not a glance towards what was happening underneath the tents while busy taking pictures with young girls and just as fast connered into an newly oppening Chinese store which had its door closed throughout the event untill he arrived.. Says much for "Being engaged" as he talked about at the luanching of the 'Artist Favorites Dinner at Citital! And the show must go on...



No comments: