Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Post GE13


I am writing this after the final countdown of GE13 but still using the pics of flags because I feel they are among the best of the five hundred odd pictures I took throughout my journey from Penang to Kualla Terengganu (Marang) and frpm Marang tp Kotah Bahru, Kelantan - then back to Penang where i continued to take more pics.

I had wanted to do this earlier but could not find the sponsor so i put it on hold till a week from the GE13 Day, I approached Mr.Lee Khai and he immediately offered me some cash and told me to do it. One of my intentions in doing this photo -documentation of the 'War of Flags" is to put it all together in a book. A small booklet that will be a fond reminder or otherwise of this major event in the lives of all of us Malaysians.

It is my hope that I can help to share the hidden wonder of what is part of  our culture -Flags! We Malaysians love to hang flags, just give us a chance to, a reason for and we will go all out.


If I had been a lecturer or an Art professor, i would have encouraged my students to take upon themselves to do what i just did. Yes history may repeat itself but there will never be a second space in time. Time is ever in the Now to capture the Now is capturing history. Just as these pictures are now forever loaded into this Blog and just as this blog will continue on into the future so long as Google exist thus is history kept.

I  only hope that those in power today will always remember what the people demands are and fulfill their promises made to them. I only hope that those who lost will accept defeat with Grace and Dignity and vow never to give up or give in  in the yearn to fight for the well being of this country.
I only hope that the people will take a moratorium on politics for a year at the very least and allow for the ruling party as elected by them to carry out their mandates without too much interventions; politicians will lead on observing this phase of the post election transitional period. Give the guy a chance, the country a chance, the people to get back to their lives before you drag in GE14.

Swallow your pride and lick your wounds but know that you have made your intention known and your voices have been heard loud and clear;the ball is in their park. We the people have done our part; we have voted you! Now do your work as you have professed to do.

If history were to look back at GE13 what would it say? It most probably would say that "Some things never change, then again, some things does!" (Morpheus- Matrix.)


No comments: