Tuesday, April 02, 2013

More to Ramble about...

My daughter mentioned that I am repeating Eckhart Tolle in my writings lately and I bought  "The Power of Now" using her college book voucher at The Poplar Book Store at Queens Bay Mall. where we also saw The Croods Family and animation about a cave dweller's family. Now she is back in Cyberjaya to continue with her studies. My son Karim is now pretty much a professional Burger Man at the Sungai Pinang Food Court, on Bakau Street, he works for his uncle Rahim who also sells steam rice or 'Nasi Kukus". Its good business as the place is always jam packed with Chinese customers who loves to eat. I like to hangout with them every now and then and just soak in the Chinese scene while listening to Rahim rampaging himself through the stories of what goes on in the City. Like a few nights ago a group of drunk Vietnamese  were at each other throats and had to be taken away in a police van. Then there were the Indian clashes th4e night before where they slashing away till the cops came. The Food Court known as Bali Bali, Sungai Pinang is where you get to meet life while hanging out in Penang.
A little bit about Eckhart Tolle and The Power of NOW book. I was introduced to the book by an Austrian gentleman I met while travelling from Ubud, Bali to the Bromo mountains in Central Java. This was in 2008 sometime and i read the book while travelling with this Austrian and a friend of his, he apologized that he cannot give to me as it was what he was working with while travelling. The reason he offered for me to read the book was because we had a long conversation about our views of life and the different schools of thoughts that we have come to understand as we seek fo the answers. He thought the book would suit me for the way I think. I found so many similarities between the way see life and Eckhart Tolle's, it was like reading my own thoughts out loud only it has been more clearly put by someone who had done some souls searching in his past. However books like that of Baba Ram Dass entitled 'Be Here Now" and Jedu Krishnamurti's works on thoughts and time and consciousness had been my points of references when I was on the same road.
Today i was asked if I would like to join the Tabligkh or a small Muslim group of doing Allah's works through service and devotion, prayers, Zikhir and meditation. This was the second time the offer was made like a challenge; for me to take the leap of faith and possibly changing my life for good. I am susceptible when it comes to religious practices but I have my doubts, not in the religious practice but in my being able to walk into another blind alley and come out with nothing but more dramas to deal with.

No comments: