Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How to Be -Creative.

We were saying that human consciousness is similar in all human beings. Our consciousness, whether we live in the East or West, is made up of many layers of fears, anxieties, pleasures, sorrows and every form of faith. Occasionally, perhaps, in that consciousness there is also love, compassion, and from that compassion a totally different kind of intelligence. And always there is the fear of ending, death. Human beings throughout the world from time immemorial have tried to find out if there is something sacred, beyond all thought, something incorruptible and timeless.
"So, how shall a human being - who is actually the rest of mankind - how shall he face this crisis, this turning point? How will you as a human being, who has evolved through millennia upon millennial, thinking as an individual - which is actually an illusion - face a turning point, see what actually is and in that very perception move totally in another direction? "
                                                                                                              J.Krishnamurti


How do we detach our mind from the present moment towards the next free from thought influence, free from thinking free from projecting from imitating from repeating from what has been to what is to become from the movement that is the thought process; How do we stop thinking? Stop breathing. Cease for the moment and seize the moment, be present and and not of the present, non attachment to even the sense of being in the moment; Stop breathing.
Letting go, surrendering, accepting and evolving, the road to salvation of my own thought manifested self, how do I be free of this attachment? How can i liberate my consciousness from this predicament of knowing, that there is an issue I am dealing with in so far as my thoughts and expressions are concern seeing that I am a Blogger and an Artist  and I have a good number of friends, followers ( in readers) and family to pay my dues to, I am committed if not obligated to this cause of sharing my thoughts as i unravel them. The mysteries of the human mind is far beyond any man's scope of study even if he be a genius, but there are geniuses who sees through these workings of the human mind, making it their primary concern for the the salvation of mankind itself and Jedu Krishnamurti (K) was one such Teacher for me.
The teachings of K is no easy act to follow and it takes more than just courage to understand him in totality. It takes intelligence, it takes total submission, giving up, cessation of all mental clinging, being forever in the the moment of Now, the 'Prescence' of Eckhart Tolle's ideas about in The Power of Now. In the Gita, not that I am an expert, it is the Non - egoic action, the Wu wei  (inactive action)of Zen practice, the 'Bare Attention' of the Hinayana school of Buddhism and the absolute 'Kushukh' (In the presence of Allah) of Sufi practice. All these are the different schools and practices that I have made and effort to understand and put to practice most of my adult life; this has been one approach I have chosen to take in my life; my practice.Insha'Allah, God Willing.
I am going round the bend, I am taking that turn, I am walking into the unknown into the unmanifested, I am taking that 'One Step Beyond' and I am taking my leap of faith...I am no more. I cease to be, I am Now! I am this moment in time and space, my fingers tapping on the keyboard as I keep on Blogging. I have done my blogging part of the assignment in the effort to study my progression towards a better understanding of this whole process of 'Becoming un -Attached', are you still with me?
And Azlan walks in, checked his hair in the mirror and " Hi Bro!! What's up?"
"All set for tomorrow? let me know what i can do for you."
"Sure thing! Dude, Blood, Bro, Man!!"
"Wow! ITU YANG MAHAI TU!"
Now the shift has happened, with a new consciousness being introduced the mind is shifted from its present thought processes to what just happened externally, a breaker.
This is by no means a deep and thorough understanding of the total workings of the mind and its thought processes but it is generally how it is. We can sit and day dream our time away if allowed to do so and we will never run out of episodes or dramas to be entertained with and when there is an interruption in the form of sound or anyone demanding your attention, or simply when your body is in need of realignment, you need to fart or burp; the mental activities are shifted or even silenced and it is during these brief periods or gaps of non-thinking that new or sometimes original thoughts and ideas are manifested.
It is through consciousness that we perceive when such a shift occurs and the result can be beneficial especially when involve in creative endeavors; the Sifu sat for a long time facing his blank scroll and then without any warning reaches out grabs his brush and dipping it in the ink well created a heard of wild horses running free in an endless field. This spontaneous act emanates from a silenced mind that manifested itself according to the need to express the moment of its presence. As an artist, I seek these moments wherever and whenever I can in order to explore deeper into what my mind is capable of in the act of creative expression.

No comments: