Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Contd. Study Ink and Brush Sketching


My attempt at sketching with Ink and a fine brush led me to do some oriental figures with the flowing  robes and colorful designs. No particular interest in the subject matter except to have some fun.


 A fine tipped brush can do wonders what pen and innk cannot due to the flexibility of the brush tip.


These are small sketches abou three inches tall the most but the challenge was to create an illusion of design and color while making the subject look like it is in action.


Adding humor to the sketches makes it more interesting and often enought the subject matter comes latter after the completion of the sketches. Thoughts and ideas about what to write manifest as the sketches progresses.

The mind has a voracious habit to express in any form possible. If one takes the trouble to pursue a subject long enough oe will come upon a theme to work with or one can enjoy until it passes.

These later skecthes were done with the CB2 in mind, a character that had its origin in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I spent more than eight years of my life living in Green Bay and I graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Green Bay. (UWGB), Ya! Hey Green Bay! 


The Cheeseburger Buddha aka 'Th Mystique Man' among other akas was a persona i created to express the out of the ordinary pigment of my imagination, ( most of which cannot be loaded here were either destroyed for their content or given away).


There are many entities in my mind, always at logger heads with one another and I have to in one way or another bring them all out to makes some sense out of their constant bickerings. Int he process i also find in them my subject maters to illustrate.

Having fun while sketching is the key to not being bored doing it. Sketching is the art capturing what Is in the moment, my thoughts and ideas, my schemes and whims, my fears and fantacies.

Enjoy!

No comments: