Saturday, December 29, 2012

My works since arrival in Dubai

I find the quiet and spacious villa to be most conducive towards my being able to create my works. Perhaps it aso has to do with the fact that it is my son's home and as such it feels safe and secure for me as i have bever had a place of my own in my entire life. The painting above if an X-Ray taken of my son's shoulder to mend his injury. Too bad i cannot get the picture rotated for better viewing.
I did this painting when i was last here in Dubai but did not finish it. Now it is finished and framed; not too bad. Strong colors and rough textures to give the effect of a foreboding landscape with a red star falling out of the sky.
This piece done on a circular canvass was done when I first visited Dubai in 2008 but it never got much appreciation as it too is still waiting for the final touch and what that may be is yet to happen.
This is what the living room at the Villa looks like; a make shift studio for his father, how can you not love the guy! This too will come to pass but for so long as i am here it is my studio where i will pour out my passion to create works of art.
These local scenes of the Dubai skyline is something a friend of my son has asked me to do and I have attempted three instead of the one she asked for.


Still in progress of the Burj Dubai, one of the most outstanding piece of modern day architecture.
This piece was done without much planning and the idea came through my sitting meditation the morning before. It is a simple theme but quite effective in execution, "Blue Moon". 
The Malaysian (Mayan) calendar completed on 21 - 12 - 12 at midnight.
The Dubai Creek city skyline is an interesting combination of the old and the modern building, still in progress.
 

No comments: