Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Oh my Malaysia 2

I am blowing the Clarion call for the awakening of the old and the young alike to stop for a moment to reflect upon our nation's fate lest we get too carried away with out conditioned minds in letting our self centered emotions cloud our judgement. I am shouting on top of the mountain and over the hills to let our people be set free from the bondage of ignorance and self propagated fears. I am kneeling before my Lord in begging for His infinite Compassion in shedding His Light of Truth upon all of my fellow citizens. I, as a Malaysian am sick to the heart in seeing the path leading to destruction that is being laid before me by those who seek to rule for the sake of self serving self gratifying and power mongering.
I, as a Malaysian would like to see the dreams of my forefathers be a reality and not be traded for wealth and corruption. I and my fellow Malaysians deserve better than to be taken for a ride by those whose thirst for wealth and power at the expense of those whose blood, sweat and tears have helped create this country. I refuse to be led with a noose run through my nose like a buffalo to the slaughter house without a fight for my right to freedom and justice: enough is enough and i and many like me have had enough. Please do not insult my intelligence with political rhetoric and religious dogmas but show me your ability to be leaders and lead with right understanding in meeting the needs of the nation; not that of your family ,relatives and close friends. Keep your empty promises and political bribery, save your preachings for those who lacks the faith in themselves, show me your wisdom and intelligence in managing this nation with fair and uncorrupted justice. Lead us into the future with enlightened understanding and compassion that we all may enjoy the peace we deserve;  do not lead by police brutality or millitary might simply because they are your instruments of last resort.
I would like to be a proud Malaysian in knowing that my leaders are well deserved of the respect of the people due to their genuine interest to serve rather than in their ability to connive and con their way to the seat of power. Let meritocracy and unblemished track record be the gauge by which we choose our future leaders; for those who do not prove of their ability to hold a position in running the government should be barred from doing so even if they are fiery in making speeches; let common sense be the rule of thumb. It is the empty drums that makes the loudest noise, let each man who stands to run for election reveal his qualifications worthy of the post he is fighting for; simply being wealthy or influential is an obsolete criteria; show us your credentials not your money, connections or bloodline.
I realize I am asking for the moon and am only dreaming for these tall orders which in our present  dreamstate is next to impossible to achieve, however, this is what I feel deep inside me  as an intuition that is born from having watched helplessly how the fate my country is being gambled by the few who have made it their right to dictate what is right and what is wrong and those who are blinded by Greed, hate and ignorance manipulating their way into the corridors of power. In utter despair i scream out to my fellow Malaysians let us not fall into slumber and stupor too long and awaken from this nightmare of complacency and denial. Let us not be fooled time and again by those who seek to divide and control through fear and ignorance, let us be fully cognizant and grab the opportunity to make a difference by making the right choices when it comes the time to do so.
  
 

No comments: