Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dubai up to date...at the Bahari's Residence

The truck is still the same only the wheels has gotten larger and the noise louder. The cost of the four wheels alone could pay for my small kancil back home.
But you are young only but once and why not if it is what you like in life and can afford it, why not? So take it to the garage and get those front grills or rod or whatever installed!
Nope, he is not married yet but this is Tiara Steve and Lucia's beautiful daughter. She turned a year old two days ago; Tiara rules!!
At home in the living room two new guitars added to the collection in the living room so I get a chance to reminace some old tunes while doing my painting.
The piano is another new piece of sculpture added to the decor, call it scultpture cause no one in the house plays it anyway, but it make the room looks pretty good and that's what counts!
My ongoing project continuing from last year's visit, the Bodhisatva Manjushri. The infinite Wisdom Bodhisatva that was done in Acrylic before, now being worked on with oil. It is a good warmimg up project to get my momentum going for a marathon painting trip that is long overdue.
My five, pieces of 'connected' landscape which I did on my last visit is still hanging in the bedroom. I like how they turned out if I may say so myself!
Somewhere underneath those rocks there is a Shark about a foot long and waiting for his shrimp dinner.
Steve and Lucia with their lifelong project, Tiara. Whenever I visit Dubai a dinner Steve's is a must, he is a gourmet chef who can whip up anything for you without too much references to recipes, he makes a mean BBQ chicken with his personal mixes of spices bought from every trip to foreign countries and visiting their markets to pick and choose from. He is a pilot so he gets around to do this naturally. 
It's written all over the Mom's face the joy of being a mother! She used to fly too as a cabin crew member. I was there when they first started off together on my first to Dubai and now I am witnessing another adition to their family tree; what a blessing! 
These are actually her first few steps happening right before our eyes! An auspicious moment and that smile on Dad's face tells it all. The hand will always be there for her throughout her life to guide and protect her and those that are there to receive her if she misses her steps to hug her and kiss her in times of need.
So Naz! What in the name of the Makhtum and the Sheikh are you waiting for? Everyone else has become a grandpa,  so get   moving there boy! Make your Mom proud!

No comments: