Monday, July 02, 2012

How do you serve humanity? How do you Pray? Solat or prayer in Arabic is said to also mean 'servitude' that is to serrve, to give, to perform ones allotted duty towards what has been assigned to you as a covenant between you and God. You serve God by serving humanity and it includes all that what humanity entails.
What good is all your prayers day in day out when you are not sensitive to cry of suffering and pain among you. When you choose to judge and turn a deaf ear even when they are your relatives and friends. How do you serve humanity, how do you serve your God?
What is the sense of occupying the space and sucking and out the fresh air all your life and not being able to say who you truly are in the eyes of your Maker, when you present yourself before Him in prayer. Allahu Akhbar!! Who is making this declaration? For those who have no faith in whatever religion and pray not in whatever form or ritual, well you are exempted from answering.  
All these years on scraping and digging into my mind to get a glimpse at who I am I have yet to be able to say ,Yes, this is who I am!! or in the Hindu way of saying , "I am, That I am." I cannot seem to lay my finger on that which is Me. I have come to accept this state of not knowing it is another fact of Being...who I am.   
I f ever you ask me what it is that I am looking for, i would have to say , perhaps in my ignorance, I am looking for the formless me. I am looking for that which is not what my thoughts have put together ,me, but that which is before my thoughts began to manifest itself. 
What do I want at this moment in life? I wish to return to that which is unblemished, pure in form and emptiness in its Being, that which is unapproachable in this form that I am. Call it the Lord of Power if you may or the Most Compassionate or the Great, call it by whatever name you will, I wish to return to my original nature, that which was before my parents conceived me to be.. 

How do i hope to attain this that is the liberation from this what is known as the cycle of Birth -Life and Death, this realm of Sangsara or the land of Maya? From this delusion that I I have lived for so long calling it life. How do I exit from this realm of ignorance, greed and hate and at the same time liberate those who are sentient  Beings like me.. How do i awaken myself  from this sleep of  Maya?  
I sincerely hope that my little effort of putting all these thoughts I have  in my blog would in some small way help to enlighten the "Way Seeking Mind.." Even as I ramble on dayt in day out to myself like this I know there is one or two out there who takes an interest in what I say and if by chance a single thought or idea hits the right tone or target and pink! the light bulb turns on, well then it is all well worth the journey.


No comments: