Monday, July 02, 2012

Being in the Now?- You can be anywhere

Have You ever been to San Francisco?
A walk through the Golden Gate Park will give you a taste of what is San Francisco. This area is close to what is known as the 'Hippy Hill because durng the Flower Power years Hippieswould have love ins in this part of the park. 
The little things of our everyday life that we took for granted, these are the mementos of our minds and our relationships we had in the past. The sketch was done of some items sitting on Debbie's mantel piece may be while we were living on San Bruno Ave.
I met and fell in love with one of the most beautyful lady with the most kindest heart and she came from a family. For two years of my life I learned much from her about life and about relationships. This blog entry is my way of saying thank you and God Bless you Deb. 
When you visit San Francisco you must take  a stroll into the Mission District  and get a feel for the neighborhood. I was living in a cheap hotel on Sixteenth and Mission while I was working at H&H. It was called The Eastman Hotel or was it Westman? A few door down is the Clarion Cafe where I used to have my breakfast and dinner.I was living out of a bag pack close to becoming one of the Homeless.
For a lghter side of life I am going to take a sentimental journey into my past, this is a sketch done at the San Francisco waterfront at the China Basin. I used to come to this place to have my lunch when I was employed with H&H Ship Services in the late eighties and early nineties.
So where are we at, in this present moment in time? Holding my breath and blowing out just to remain in touch with what is or feeling the deeper level more subtle forms of negative impulses stirring to the surface and demanding the attention and needing to be resolved. This is part of Being and in all my years I have yet to find an easy Way or answer to this predicament and as a result here I am still trying to make sense of it all.
It is like trying to explain an abstract Art to a class of six graders who have interest in art as much as they have reading history. The mind is  a spinner of stories and the mind is full of things to tell if it has the chance or allowed a freehand to do so. Explaining away what is modern art to these children would be a cinch to a mind that is need of something to do... there is nothing wrong with it.
Every time I drove across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fracisco where I used to live for ten years o my  life I would marvel at where I was as a human being, as Shamsul Bahari or better known  in his childhood days as Baba Kecik in Sungai Pinang Kampung Selut, where I crawled out of a mud hole. There I was driving towards the Marin County headed  for Green Gulch Farm and Zen Center.
As you pass through the 'Rainbow Tunnel you are in Sausalito and the Marin Headlands I passed through this area like I was part of the San Francisco community, I belonged there. Karim and Marissa were born there and Naz went to San Jose State, 40 miles from there. As they say, I left my heart in San Francisco.

No comments: