Saturday, March 10, 2012

Quality Times with your loved ones.

As i walked down the stairs from where my present studio is in the Museum I noticed one of the staff members fixing  am poster of  one of my shwos that was held at the Museum gallery two or three years ago entitled "Sketches of Life". It evoked pleasant memories and it was a good show.
Later in the afternoon my daughter and I took a slow drive across the Penang Bridge headed across the bay to  Sungai Dua where my cousin Rahim and his wife Mazita lives with their four children. Rahim opened a food stall at the Sungai Pinang Food Court on the Island and sis doing quite well. Before this he had tried the same near his home in Sungai Dua but did not do too well and before that he had a Chicken Chop stall at Taman Sardon where i used to hang out and that oo did not work out and beefore that He and I had tried our hands at farming growing Rozele in Tasek Gelugor and that too failed. Rahim is one who will survive simply because he is ver resourcefull  and a very hard worker.  
I enjoy being at my cousin's home as it is situated next to the rice fields and  has a waterway running close by. It was very relaxing as it was also breezy under the shade of  palm tress. and the wide open space of the ricefield gives one a sense of openness inside out. . 
My daughter was at home with the little ones as she had been their babysitter in the past at one time or another.  All together there are five girls and the oldest already in college while the youngest is barely six months old. My cousins has a full load on their hands.



Having our lunch outdoor was a treat as always when I visit them  and I enjoyed picking  the  sald  from  the trees and plants around the compound to add "ulam' to the meal.

The simple pleasures in life that cost little but well worth the  trip. It is  a virtue  that we keep our blood ties and relationships well guarded throughout our lives according to Islam and this I try to accomplish whenever i get the chance to, I visit.
The Malay Madonna and Child.
Add caption
OHH Yes!! and all we need is a smoke of the 'rokok daun' to polish off the afternoon before a nap in the hammock.

No comments: