Wednesday, February 22, 2012

This too is Georgetown - Waterfalls Gardens

 My daughter is on semester break from MMU  one new ly added activity was to go jogging at the Botanical Gardens at the wee hours of the morning. However it was never too early for joggers as the place was already overly crowded with the young and old fast walking, jogging, strolling along while chit chatting and like me sketching and snapping away with my camera..
The lanscape at the botanical gardens has never  ceased to amaze me ever since i started visiting it when I was barely five years old and that was sometime in the 1950s. My relatives and friends would make it a weekend trip to walk all the way from Sungai Pinang Road all the Waterfalls Gardens as it was known then. Off course back then it was much much more  cooler to be there in every sense of the word. The stream that ran through the gardens was much larger and allot cooler to take a dip in. 
I was always captivated by the trees there since back when and every time i visited the place i would  walk by and say hello to each and every tree i pass by stroking their bark sometimes and smelling their flowers every so often. It is no doubt that because of my frequent trips to this place as a child that I have grown to love nature wherever I am. I have sketched and painted plants and trees without ever getting tired of doing so all my life and when I teach my students I would insist that they recognize the fact that each and every trees and plants has their own personal character.
Capturing the lights of the rising sun is a trick and with the digital camera  one can have allot of fun  taking  chances with how a shot would turn up. 

No comments: