Friday, February 17, 2012

Random Snaps of ife in Penang

This lone bird was taking its last few tries at getting its dinner just before it got dark. My escape from reality place where I can sit and watch the sunset and  entertain or be entertained by my niece and her children. By the way where and how are my children doing?
That woven basket which I used for my paints was given to me by my sister who brought it back from Sabah, Borneo sometime ago. 
My secluded corner of the MGTF where i do my artwork but soon to be relocated again somewhere else sadly enough just when I was getting the feel of the place and am beginning to become loose in my expressions. Such is! Nothing is permanent and this is the law i have lived by but not easy to accept at times. The price of being a squatter!! 
Yes I do felt like I should take a drive and escape from having to mull over what  is reality and  this was one of the moments.
This gentleman was one of the most saddest spectacle i had watched today, maybe a homeless, but definitely not a happy camper. If i were God i would look into his state of being. If i am a social worker I would inquire into his welfare and offer to help, but I am none of the above and I am not far from being just like him.

The man is a classic the way he looks and dressed. He could have posed as a model for  his portrait any time but when I asked him if i could snap his picture he told me, No. Haram!.
This Taliban looking old fart is very religious just like his whole persona said that he is.He was from Pakistan and we started chatting with me offering to help him find the Pakistan Mosque where he might find some form of lodging.  
I have always had a very high regard for mechanics and machinist  in the past as I admire their ability to sort out nuts  and bolts after tearing apart a whole engine and later put it all back together again. Thy are like the surgeon performing surgery only they are alot more messy in the process.
I took my car the Kancil to get my signal light looked into and ended up having to replace four light bulbs to the rear of my car! Such Is!! Mechanics are artists too, but a few are con-artist

No comments: