Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Wedding in Bukit Beruntung -Day 1- Engagement

Last Thursday drove my cousin, his wife and daughter to Bukit Beruntung, a small town about sixty KM from kuala Lumpur for a wedding. It was a nice five hour drive which normally should take about four however on account of my cousin is not the speed freak type so i had to hold down on the speed. I had borrowed the car fromy Shamsul Ikhmal my adopted son, the one that just got married. It is a sleak looking car with loud exhust and small steering wheel fit for the young and those young at heart.
We made it to Bkt. Beruntung in the evening and later it was decided that we would spend the night in Shah Alam at my cousin Zakaria's house. I was not into driving there but had to on account of being the driver.It was great to see my cousins in Bkt. Beruntung again and the next day set about getting things ready for the wedding.
It was the wedding of one of my niece Fiza, Mama Chon's daughter. A very beautiful young lady with great energy about her.
Most of the family was there for the wedding and this included my two sisters from Kuala Terengganu.My twin brother and his family and in- laws whom i was meeting for the first time, nice people although did not get a chance to get to know them closely. I like his son in law though, he seems like a genuinely friendly kind of guy and I am happy that my niece found a good man.My daughter came to join us with two of her friends from MMU and I got to meet the man in her life at present.
The wedding was held at the Bukit Beruntung Golf Club and it was well organized and everything went on smoothly. I was even moved to sing my old time favorite song, "House of the Rising Sun" which brought my sisters to tears as it brought many fond memories for them while we were growing up, I used to sing all the time in my younger days and they were my number one fans.I later sang a duet alongside one of my cousin brother in law Ashraf or Brother Ray as I call him. He is a British born and married to my cousin sister Zowie and they make an excellent couple endowed with a son JJ.

No comments: