Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Different Face Again! - Mask Quotes


“We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.”
Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind



Masked, I advance.”
René Descartes
Add caption
“We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.”
Andre Berthiaume

Don't you know that a midnight hour comes when everyone has to take off his mask? Do you think life always lets itself be trifled with? Do you think you can sneak off a little before midnight to escape this?”
Søren Kierkegaard

“Perfume was first created to mask the stench of foul and offensive odors... 
Spices and bold flavorings were created to mask the taste of putrid and rotting meat...
What then was music created for?
Was it to drown out the voices of others, or the voices within ourselves?
I think I know.”
Emilie Autumn, The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls

“Horror is the removal of masks”
Robert Bloch

“I believe in my mask-- The man I made up is me
I believe in my dance-- And my destiny”
Sam Shepard

“Nothing is more real than the masks we make to show each other who we are.” 
Christopher Barzak, The Love We Share Without Knowing

“I can’t find why I should disguise on Halloween… I already got a mask to get rid of …”
― Thanos Grigoriou



Kat Morgan

"I had a birthday one night on a farm we were shooting on. I walked into the tent, and there were 150 people waiting for me, all wearing masks of my face.”
Stephan Hopkins

“There are people in this world who can wear whale masks and people who cannot, and the wise know to which group they belong.” 
Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

 Oscar Wilde quotes 

“Without wearing any mask we are conscious of, we have a special face for each friend.”
Oliver Wendel Hlomes

“We aren't hiding behind these masks, we're actually revealing more to you than you might think. The mask I wear brings out all the sh*t inside me that I hate. Plus it hurts like hell, which helps my intensity. If you feel like talking, you talk, if you don't, you don't. So many people are like, 'Gimmick, gimmick, gimmick!' F*ck you! You don't know what we're about! Our motto has always been, 'Music First.' Even if the masks and the coveralls weren't there, the music would still be good.”
Corey taylor

No comments: