Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Sketches of the Day

All of these charcoal studies subjects were taken from the Internet mostly from the Black and white photos archives. The greatness of the Internet in sharing images not to mention knowledge.


Ballerinas are one of the most graceful study for sketching of figures and in this one art is the culmination of many art forms. The Art of dancing, the art of photography, the art of sketching and perhaps it will go on with soemone somewhere adapting it into a painting.

I consider myself still an amatuer when it comes to sketching faces but i will keep on studying how to render them in the most efficient manner without spending too much time on getting it done. I am a very impatient student, perhaps if i slow down a little is all it takes.



I listen to the music on Youtube while sketching most of the time and every so often a lyric from a song catches my fancy and it becomes part of the sketch for posterity.


Black and white is alot easier to work with but it takes a good eye to perceive the beauty of its simplicity. Working with Charcoal pencils and charcoal sticks is for me the medium of choice as it gives me the sense of primordial creative tool to work with not unlike the primitive man who first sketched on the wall of his cave.

The subject matter does not really matter when I chhose what to sketch while facing the computer. I choose a subject for its well thought out and impressive sense of balance and strong understanding of lighting. My tribute to all those who took the trouble to share their works in the internet in one form or another for they have enriched the minds of many throughout the world.

















No comments: