Friday, November 18, 2011

Faces of our Fathers

It is much easier to become a father than to be one. ~Kent Nerburn



It is easy for a father to have children than for children to have a real father. ~Pope John XXIII

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. ~Mark Twain


Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn't teach me everything he knows. ~Al Unser, Jr.


My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: he believed in me. ~Jim Valvano


My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland


You don't have to deserve your mother's love. You have to deserve your father's. He's more particular. ~Robert Frost














No comments: