Monday, October 24, 2011

Contemplate on These.








Shafarin Ghani.


A student of Sri Ramakrishna said: Sir, if one gave up the I, nothing whatsoever would remain.Ramakrishna replied: I am not asking you to give up all of the I. You should give up only the unripe I. The unripe I makes one feel: I am the doer, these are my wife and children, I am a teacher.Renounce this unripe I and keep the ripe I which makes you feel that you are God's servant, His devotee, and that God is the doer and you are His instrument.
Sri Ramakrishna 'Mamu"

Be empty of worrying.Think of who created thought!Why do you stay in prisonwhen the door is so wide open?Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking.Live in silence.
Rumi, The Essential Rumi, Coleman Barks, p3

Why are you so afraid of silence, silence is the root of everything.If you spiral into its void,a hundred voices will thunder messages you long to hear.
Rumi - 'Hidden Music' - Maryam Mafi & Azima Melita Kolin 'Marisssa'

In silence things take form, and we must wait and watch. In us, in our secret depth, lies the knowing element which sees and hears that which we do not see nor hear. All our perceptions, all the things we have done, all that we are today, dwelt once in that knowing, silent depth, that treasure chamber in the soul.
Kahlil Gibran, Beloved prophet: the love letters, p268

No comments: